• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Nintendo wins E3?

dDave

V.I.P.
This is an unofficial poll but apparently the people at IGN really liked Nintendo's showing this year at E3, they won every category for voting by a wide margin.

E3 2014: Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony - The Results - IGN Versus - IGN Video

I already own a Wii U so I know how good the console really is, I hope that a lot of other people decide to pick up a Wii U as well. Maybe those sales numbers predictions really were just dead wrong. Nobody should expect Nintendo to just sit back and die, they've been in this industry for over 30 years at this point.

For what it's worth, I realize that not everyone is excited by even a single thing Nintendo showed but I think it has a lot of potential and I'm pretty stoked for some of it. That being said, there's some stuff that I've been waiting for that was simply unmentioned at the conference (such as a new Metroid Prime style game)

Thoughts?

Konshentz

Konshentz

Yeah, put me in the group of people that is not excited and/or interested in anything Nintendo does... ever.

Winning E3? Meh, whatever helps people that wasted money on that 7.5 generation system get through the day. Haha.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm still floored it took them this long to finally do a handheld Smash Bros. Win E3? Eh, no. Not like winning anything at E3 really means anything. If Nintendo ever comes up with a NEW IP rather than repeating the same four six times per year, I'll be interested.

dDave

V.I.P.
"Winning E3" essentially means that they drew the most excitement among game fans. Whether or not that translates into actual sales is another story, we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, put me in the group of people that is not excited and/or interested in anything Nintendo does... ever.
You aren't required to like anything Nintendo does.

Brent

Registered Member
I'm glad to see people taking interest in Nintendo once again. I watched Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo's shows. While I thought they were all particularly great the year....yeah, Nintendo won E3. I gotta say, the Wii U (while I still think the name is terrible.) is my favorite console since the SNES. Alas, I have no interest in PS4 or XBONE...YET!

Just for Fun, here's my top 10 favorite consoles in order.

1.Super Nintendo
2.Wii U / Wii (I know they're different consoles!)
3.Playsation 3
4.Playsation
5.Nintendo Entertainment System
6.Nintendo 64
7.Game Cube
8.PS2
9.Xbox
10.Xbox 360

Last edited: