• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Nintendo, Wii have a SMASH HIT

SamusAran86

Registered Member
With E3 come and gone.... the console most people are talking about is the Wii!

Be it Super Mario Galaxys return to the Mario 64 formula, or Metroid Prime: Corruption's spot on controls (read N'dojos review, sensitivity can be adjusted) to the trailer of Super Smash Bros: Brawl, which will expand on the one player experiance, keeping the mulitplayer intact (not to mention Pit, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, and Solid Snake, yes thats right Solid Snake, which will open the game up to more 3rd party characters (sonic anyone ))

To games like Wario Ware and Red Steel (had minor problems, but can be worked out before launch) Super Monkey Ball, Sonic, The whole Virtual Console, which hudson has promised over 100 titles will be availble.

People have made fun of Wii... but as E3 has shown (4+ hours wait to play, a E3 record holder) and most agree, Wii will be the console to own, even if you already have a 360 or plan to buy PS3

Wii is going to revolutionize the industry, sony has already tried to copy it, and had to lose rumble because there 'innovation' doesnt work correctly with rumble (more likely the lawsuit they lost did that)

Its kinda funny, because both MS and Sony are praising Wii... both want you to buy the Wii as your second console...

Forgot to mention 'Wii Connect 24' even while your Wii is off. It will d/l updates to games, or allow friends to visit your Animal Crossing town while you sleep. I also suspect that there will be d/l demos to be played, ALL FREE OF CHARGE.

Most sites are predicting 2-5 dollars for NES, 5-8 for SNES, 8-10 for N64 games... if they are able to get the rarest titles on VC... Nintendo will be number 1 in no time.

Call me a fanboy all you want, just go look at polls on sites like IGN and Gamespot... 30% of the people voting want a Wii alone, another 30% want a Wii and another console... meaning at leat 60% of gamers want a will either alone or with another of the next gen consoles... thats alot og Wii's

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Wii had the best E3, by far. Metroid Prime 3 is going to be amazing and Mario Galaxy looks cool. Only thing I was disappointed with was Twilight Princess. I can go into more detail on that if you'd like, but it should probably have its own topic. Anyway, I agree with pretty much everything you said, though I'm not sure any of it will translate into huge sales numbers when compared with PS3 and Xbox 360.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
though I'm not sure any of it will translate into huge sales numbers when compared with PS3 and Xbox 360.
I couldnt disagree more with that statement.

Look around at the polls held on sites such as gamefaqs. 27% of people want a Wii all by itself, another 37% want a Wii to go along with there PS3 or 360.

Thats 64% of voters in one poll alone

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2375

60538 votes out of 94504 want a wii in some way shape or form, either as there main console or in addition to another! thats a BIG change from right before E3!

And the funniest part is MS and SOny telling people to buy a Wii along side there own console (id post the links, dont feel like searching for it at the moment)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, cause there's really no way of knowing right now, but I don't know how accurate a GameFAQs poll is going to be. There has always been a high percentage of Nintendo fans there, not to mention it doesn't include very many casual gamers, which account for the majority of console sales. It's like polling fans at a Chicago Bulls game who their favorite NBA team is and concluding that 98% of NBA fans favor the Chicago Bulls. That's obviously an extreme example, but I'm sure you get the idea (the GameFAQs poll is most likely not an accurate representation of the entire gaming community). I would be very surprised if Wii actually outsold PS3 by a 3:2 margin like the poll indicates.

We'll just have to wait and see. It's all just speculation now. I do think Wii will have much stronger sales numbers than Gamecube had, and it'll definitely close the gap a little on Sony, but I still think PS3 will be the runaway best-seller.

Thermal

Registered Member
The Wii looks awesome, and I probably haven't gotten so excited over a console since the n64. Zelda looks amazing, and even though my original intent was to buy it for the GC, I'll probably just save up and buy it with the Wii. The other day, I was watching Spiderman, and I was thinking about how cool it would be to use the wii controller to shoot webbing from roof top to roof top. Anyways, I just hope Nintendo can get a strong support with third-party companies, and we don't end up with 10 different controller attachments.

GlodenBob788

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Wii had the best E3, by far. Metroid Prime 3 is going to be amazing and Mario Galaxy looks cool. Only thing I was disappointed with was Twilight Princess. I can go into more detail on that if you'd like, but it should probably have its own topic. Anyway, I agree with pretty much everything you said, though I'm not sure any of it will translate into huge sales numbers when compared with PS3 and Xbox 360.

E3 Was good I watched it on G4TV the Wii is going to be expensive, but I can
buy it :lol:

It kinda sucks Goldeneye cannot be downloaded :(

schmidtlet

Registered Member
i cant wait 4 the wii, i have already preordered it and everything!!! i want a wii 2 years ago!!!

Rabbit

Ive been hearing scattered things from everyone. Does the wii have 4 gamecube controler ports at the top? im mostly interested in the new super smash game and i would hate to use the virtual reality controler. also does SSBB have falco still?

schmidtlet

Registered Member
Ive been hearing scattered things from everyone. Does the wii have 4 gamecube controler ports at the top? im mostly interested in the new super smash game and i would hate to use the virtual reality controler. also does SSBB have falco still?
the wii has 4 gamecube controller slots and smash brothers will not use the motion sensors on the controllers where u will use gamecube controllers. I heard that all of the old characters will be on ther included with the new ones!
lets go ganondorf!!!