3ds Nintendo to release Nintendo DSi

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Back in October (yes, I'm late, but so are all of you!), Nintendo announced that they were coming out with a new DS; the DSi.

This new DS is slightly thinner than the DS Lite (say around 2.6mm), sports two 0.3 megapixel cameras, an SD card slot, MP3 functionality, apparently uses similar flash memory used in the Wii, and now has faster Wi-FI capabilities (when using DSi software). Oh, and a notepad thing. And they've done away with the GBA slot.

In short, Nintendo has noticed no one is buying the DS anymore and has slapped a couple of cameras, a notepad, etc onto/into a DS,anally violating the GBA compatability in the process, to get people to buy more DS systems because IT PRINTS MONEY!

Does it look interesting? Yes. Will I buy one? ...yes, but only because I'm a budding collector. Otherwise, no. My original DS has served me well since December 2004, and even though the top screen hinge is breaking, I'm more likely to look into ways to replace the top screen instead of buying a new one.

But what about you? Will you buy it? Do you think this remake will get DS-less people buying it? And what about those who already have the DS?

Jake

Registered Member
Well I don't often play video games anymore, but I'm guessing the camera would be useful for some kind of instant messaging program..

Having said that, I don't plan on getting one...

xkayxx

Registered Member
I already have a DS Lite. I have had it for quite sometime and so far I've been pretty happy with it, so unless i have extra money left over for it i dont plan on getting it.

PentaCube

Registered Member
There are no real useful features being added. It has been out in Japan for a while now, but only because everyone in japan already owns a DS lite. In the US people are still buying DS lites so once that slows down then I'm sure we will see it here.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I don't have a DS...and this wouldn't convince me to get one. Doing away with the GBA slot just screams stupid to me. It's like removing the GameCube disc slot on the back of the Wii.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I already have a DS (original) and chances are the next phone I get will have a built in camera anyway.

I like the GBA compatibility also of the original DS.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't have a DS...and this wouldn't convince me to get one. Doing away with the GBA slot just screams stupid to me. It's like removing the GameCube disc slot on the back of the Wii.
There's a GameCube slot on the back of the Wii? I might have to upgrade then.