• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

Konshentz

Konshentz
The big Switch reveal is tonight.

Who's excited?

What does Nintendo need to show you to make this a must-purchase for you?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I haven't bought a Nintendo product since Gamecube, and I have no plans to get a Switch based on what we currently know about it. It's overpriced, far less powerful than XB1 and PS4, and, based on Nintendo's history, will have very little third-party support, which are things that have plagued them previously.

We know what kinds of games we're going to get on a Nintendo console, which, quite frankly, don't interest me anymore. The only thing that sets the Switch apart from its competitors and predecessors is its handheld feature, which is going to suffer from poor battery life (3 hours?).

The new Zelda looks cool, but I'm not going to pay $360 for it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I agree. I had my first bit of excitement in years for Nintendo leading into that conference. They failed. That was awful from start to finish. The Zelda game does look really awesome and that's coming from someone who hasn't played anything in that series since Game Boy Color. That's basically the only thing to play on that console (at least anything new) until Holiday 2017 though. And I don't think anyone should hold their breath for Mario's date to stick. We are in the age of pushbacks and they couldn't even lock down a month.

$70 for a pro controller is hildarious.

I can't wait for the day that Nintendo swallows its pride, gets out of the hardware business and releases their games on Sony and Mircrosoft consoles. Sales would be incredible.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's too bad Dave isn't around anymore to tell us how amazing this is and how Nintendo is so much better than XBox and Playstation.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's too bad Dave isn't around anymore to tell us how amazing this is and how Nintendo is so much better than XBox and Playstation.
I laughed out loud hahaha. Where are ya, Dave?!

The Zelda game looked great, as it does with every Nintendo console. I do wish I had a little Mario Kart in my life, so buying their consoles gets tempting every now and then. However, outside of their main names they rarely have anything to keep me intrigued. It looks fine, but I'm sticking to Playstation for the foreseeable future.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Switch has been out now for a while, anyone have any changed thoughts on the console? Want to get it simply for Breath of Wild, Mario Kart and Mario Oddysey which looks mint!