Wii Nintendo should say "pass" to certain developers

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KannonMAK, Jan 6, 2006.

1. KannonMAK

KannonMAK Registered Member

Depending on how well the revolution does when it is released Nintendo should start doing to developers, what developers did to them in the past. id software, makers of quake should be passed on, considering they dont even rate Nintendo as a qualifier in the next console generation. also the makers of unreal, how they blatenly trashed nintendo's controller without even trying to understand it. if these and other companies only care about graphics and interface then let them have their big graphics company, but when they want to make cheap, creative, easy to develop games for Nintendo, then I think Nintendo should just say no.

Not like any of this will happen, but its just a thought.

2. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

I don't agree. Sure, they were jerks, but Nintendo would make money off them. What better way of revenge than to get cash from those who wronged you? Plus Nintendo is a company, and the most profitable way should always be the best way for them. Revenge isn't on their list.

3. KannonMAK

But the thing is, if nintendo is already doing well with the revolution, then they wont have a need for other developers. So instead of rewarding the ones that say they would fail, why not reward the developers that stood by them with bigger contracts and more help designing games.

4. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Nintendo may not NEED the money, but I'd bet they WANT the money. That's really the reason Nintendo exists: they made a lot of money. Getting more money would be better in their eyes.

5. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

Nintendo isn't in the position of saying pass on anyone. While Nintendo can be very stubborn, much of which the consumer ends up paying for, its the developers that keep a system selling. So the bottom line is that the consumers is what matters, and Nintendo will just have to stay professional.

6. KannonMAK

true, but i like it when we can imagine what we want to happen.

7. RarePD

RarePD Registered Member

Damn, GCN still doesn't have a sequel to Super Smash Bros. Melee?!?

There's a Hello Kitty game available for the GameCube. Makes me note that the N64 era was truly the (last) best for the Big N.

What a shame. Wave Rave sucked, Mario Kart sucked on this system. Of course that's my opinion, don't get it twisted. I'll be sure to pick up the new Zelda for da 'Cube, but other than that. What a waste. I still love Eternal Darkness and F-Zero GX. Now with Silicon Knights developing Too Human for Xbox 360, Nintendo dilluted itself to near cornball status.

:rolleyes:

8. KannonMAK

honestly, yes, you are correct about the GC. It was a poorly planned, poorly supported, poorly gamed system. Nothing was spectacular about it aside from a few gems, but not enough. but with DS nintendo seems to be changing their strategy and hopefully it will be reflected in the rev.

9. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

I was actually disappointed with the N64, and felt that SNES was the last great Nintentdo system. Both N64 and GC have some great games, but they are pretty far and inbetween compared to the SNES. One of the things I miss the most was the number of great rpgs.

10. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

and thats due to the lack of 3rd party support, the loss of 'square' among other things...

The lack of 3rd party support baffles me, as certain games sell like crazy (on GC)... even SEGA had multiplatform titles selll better on the GC than other systems

The 64 had problems because devs no longer wanted to make cartridges...

besides, I would rather have few awsome games a year, than 100 crap titles and 2 good ones