Wii Nintendo Needs To Get Their Act Together.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Nov 17, 2007.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Nintendo has been lacking a very important game series for a long time now, I'm sure that all of you are aware that there has not been a good Donkey Kong game since Donkey Kong 64 for the N64, what happened to the donkey Kong games? Nintendo could have made an insane amount of money if they had released a real dk game for the Gamecube (that does not mean Donkey Konga) because Donkey Kong Games were the best until they started releasing them for gamecube.

Hopefully there will be a good Donkey Kong game that comes out for the Wii, I was a huge Donkey Kong fan until they started making games without Rareware.

There needs to be a good Donkey Kong Game for the Wii to save Nintendo...

2. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Yeah I agree. I also think they need to stop coming up short on getting out the Wii's. They have told us that they know they will be short but don't seem to do anything about it.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd play a new DK game for sure. I made a post about this a while ago in fact. Nintendo lost their partnership with Rareware when Microsoft bought them and there is apparently some confusion as to who has the rights to the DK games, or something like that.

But yeah, Nintendo needs to make another full Donkey Kong game. DK64 was my favorite out of all of the DK games so far. The level of detail and the overall difficulty was just perfect. The creative minds that went into DK64 really made it the Mario 64 of the DK series. It was far underrated but it remains one of my favorite games of all time.

I would totally buy a DK game on the Wii if it were to come out. I really hope Nintendo can get one made that builds upon the DK64 concept and really brings DK to the modern consoles.

Out of all of the games I've been waiting for, I've probably been waiting for a new DK game even more so than Mario Galaxy.

4. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

DK 64 was really the only one I ever played. IF it's anything like that I'd probably play another one. I think the longer it takes for the Wii to be widely circulated, the more money they will make.

5. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

I really am dissapointed in the direction they have taken Donkey Kong these past couple of years. I did like Donkey Kong 64 except that there way too much repetitive stuff in it. You had to be this person to collect this color banana so if your playing with another character and you get somewhere oops you will have to play though that part again.

6. kingpin

kingpin New Member

you couldnt b more right dude. u obviously didnt hear about the racing game they have of donkey kong 4 the wii. its stupid. they should make another donkey kong game like the donkey kong country.

7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I was never a fan of the Rare DK games... couldnt get into Country, and played like 5 whole minutes of 64... I also havent played anf of the newer stuff either.

Gimme the Arcade or NES version, I can play all day long

8. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

Donkey Kong Country is a great side scroller. I have it for my VC and it is still fun.

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah donkey kong country was very fun I beat the first game once so now I need to get into te second and third games I like the second but don;t own it so I'll have to get it. They could possibly pull off a Donkey Kong country Wii with all of the kongs as playable characters including dixie and kiddy that might be able to make a good game.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm for it. Maybe they would call it "Donkey Kong Countrii"... :D

I'd rather see the DK64 idea expanded upon. They should bring back all of the DK characters from SNES games and make one awesome DK Wii game.