• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3ds Nintendo DS wifi problem. Please help.

sokar

Registered Member
I have a problem with my nintendo DS's Wifi. When I receive a starbucks gift card, I usually go to starbucks in the morning and bring my ds along. I play The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass on wifi. However lately I have encountered some problems. The past couple of time I have not been able to connect. I would search for an access point and find one. I would select it and test the connection. I works. So, I try to connect with Legend of Zelda, and after a minute or two of trying to connect with a full bar, I suddenly lose all of my bars and it informs me that it cannot connect. I would try this multiple times until I would give up and go home.

Also, at home I have a wireless modem (ATT 2wire). But, when I try to connect with this modem it doesn't even show up. The DS acts like there is no wireless connection around, when I can connect with the home modem with my laptop. Why not the DS? I do remember getting the signal from my modem once, but only once. I could put the DS inches away from the modem and the DS could still not pick up any wireless signal. I even try entering my modem's settings manually, and it still won't work. Whats happening, and whats wrong with my DS?

EDIT: I do not believe my DS is defective, I just think the starbucks signal is not strong enough. Is there a way to boost the range of my DS's antenna? I believe the problem with my modem is the settings are not supported somehow. How can my DS connect using the settings of my modem?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Sounds like you need to get that looked at by Nintendo or somebody.

Do you happen to know what type of wireless you were trying to connect to? (wireless b,g, or n)

sokar

Registered Member
Sounds like you need to get that looked at by Nintendo or somebody.

Do you happen to know what type of wireless you were trying to connect to? (wireless b,g, or n)
I am not very knowledgeable in terms of wifi and wireless networks, so I do not know what B, G, or N means. However, I can receive signals from other ATT or 2wire modems, even if they're locked.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi.

You need to go to Nintendo.com and have their techs guide you through the new wifi process. Is it a DS or a DS lite?

I have had problems with my old DS but not with my new DS Lite. Also some modems are not compatible with the DS or the DS Lite.

Go to Nintendo main site and do some reading and get on with the help crew.