• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Nintendo 3DS

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
So, apparently Nintendo is coming out with a DS in 3D on March 27th...no need for special glasses or anything of that nature. I just got an email from Gamestop about pre-ordering one with a price tag of $250.

What are your opinions about 3D video gaming? Will you be buying one of these?

I'm not a fan of 3D technology myself. Watching Avatar in 3D gave me a headache, and it took me a long time to get used to looking at the film in 3D before I could start enjoying the movie itself.

I don't think I would like it much for gaming either, but I'm hoping to see some videos on it, or maybe try it in store once it comes out.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"

Dabs

Registered Member
Speaking for my granddaughter, who has the Nintendo DS, the Nintendo DS lite and the Nintendo DS XL.....she will probably want it, but if she gets it, that's a whole 'nother story.
I rather enjoy playing Scrabble on them sometimes tho.
Personally, I can't watch anything 3D either, it's a guaranteed headache.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
3D makes me puke, but im getting the 3DS, possible day 1. I love the games announced for it and im a big handheld gamer.

Im still disappointed that its region locked, its a pretty dick move from nintendo.

Btw here are plenty of games coming to the 3DS:

http://www.generalforum.com/nintend...y-many-others-announced-80821.html#post942489

Im looking to get SSF4, professor layton and ridge racer at launch.
How do you propose to actually play it if it makes you puke? :p

Unfortunately I couldn't see any of the photos in that post. None of the games listed do not interest me much. Even if they did, I don't think I would use it enough to justify the price tag. Not to mention, I don't even think I could play it because it would hurt my eyes and give me headaches.

I had the regular pink DS when it came out, but ended up getting rid of it because the 360 ruined me with it's multi-playing. Now I just carry a book around to read when I'm bored instead of using a handheld game like I used to.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
It has a switch

Also, 3D makes the games loose its real resolution, so its a win\win for me.

When you get the opportunity check the pictures on the other thread, there's plenty of variety.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh that's pretty cool then, to have the choice on whether or not it's 3D.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Yes and its compatible with Ds games as well as GB advance ^_^

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I like Nintendo as a whole. They seem to do really well with making older games compatible with newer versions. Those will definitely be some good selling points, and if I still had my DS and all of it's games, I would then actually consider getting this. I do so love the blue color it's coming in.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yes and its compatible with Ds games as well as GB advance ^_^
How do you figure? The DSi wasn't compatible with GBA games. Would Nintendo really go back to that?

I would imagine it would make it heavier.

Just wondering.