• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Niners vs Raiders

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
This is the first time I'll ever attempt to watch a football (American) game that isn't the Superbowl. A lot of my friends are from CA, especially the Bay Area, and I heard this match is one of the most awaited because of their long rivalry.

Hopefully my online link works in a little while and I remember the main Football pointers that Vincent_Valentine has taught me! :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not the best two teams to watch, but hopefully it's going to be a good game. I personally believe that the Niners will finally get their first win of the season against Oakland.

If you have any questions through out the game don't be shy to ask. Our members are pretty knowledgeble when it comes to Football.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
All I know is that the Niners haven't won any of their games. And the Raiders won the last time they met (3 yrs ago?). But the Niners are favored somehow because they're at home and while they lost their last games, it was a close one (which made it more heartbreaking, prolly).

I think the moment I see them, I'd be happy to recognise which team is which hahahaha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Raiders will be in black and 49ers will most likely be in red. Jason Campell is the Quarterback for the Oakland Raiders and Alex Smith is the Quarterback for the San Francisco.

Even though San Fran haven't won a game this year, they still have a great team. They just haven't put it together thus far this season. Their specialty is defense, watch out for Patrick Willis who wears number 52, he's their best defensive player, and one of the best linebackers in the NFL.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
What about Crabtree? I keep hearing references of him. I suppose he's an offensive player? Thanks for the number reference, that'll be easier for me to spot people. :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Michael Crabtree is a wide receiver for the 49ers, he wears number 15. He had arguably his best game last week. He's a second year player who has a lot of potential, but I'd watch Vernon Davis instead, who is a Tight End for San Fran, his number is 85. Davis is the best receiver on this team, and I see him making more of an impact today.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Geez Babe, you're like an encyclopedia. How do you know so much about different sports? :lol:

Thanks! Do you know how many minutes before the actual game do they start airing it? Like if the game is at 10:00 am, do they start showing it on the telly half an hour before or so? I want to see when I should start testing my online channel - I suppose it'll be up only when they do start airing the game on the tv channels.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Geez Babe, you're like an encyclopedia. How do you know so much about different sports? :lol:
That's basic knowledge, nothing really spectacular. But thanks!

Do you know how many minutes before the actual game do they start airing it? Like if the game is at 10:00 am, do they start showing it on the telly half an hour before or so? I want to see when I should start testing my online channel - I suppose it'll be up only when they do start airing the game on the tv channels.
It all depends at what time the other games finish, usually there's not a lot pre-shows before the second half of the games. Usually the pre-shows are just to give highlights of the previous games. If the game is scheduled to start at 10am, then it will probably start between 10:07-10:15.