• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Nikita

Bramaca

Registered Member
Wasn't too sure how I was going to like this show but I thought it was great. Was a big fan of the two movies and the original show and I like how they set this one up as being after the events of the originals and used many of the character names from the previous show. There have also been a couple cameo parts for people from the first series.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Wasn't too sure how I was going to like this show but I thought it was great. Was a big fan of the two movies and the original show and I like how they set this one up as being after the events of the originals and used many of the character names from the previous show. There have also been a couple cameo parts for people from the first series.
I haven't seen the former series nor the movies. So this new one isn't exactly a remake but spins off from the events that happened in the past movies/series?

Bramaca

Registered Member
I haven't seen the former series nor the movies. So this new one isn't exactly a remake but spins off from the events that happened in the past movies/series?
Yeah, both movies and the previous show dealt with Nikita being 'recruited', her training, and how she gets out. Basically the same as what Alex has been going through this season. The first movie was a French movie, the second was a hollywood remake of the french movie called Point of no Return with Gabriel Byrne and Bridget Fonda. The first show goes into a lot more details then the movies since it had around 100 episodes but the same basic storyline.

This new show picks up 3-5 years after the events of the previous ones.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Impaaaact! You better be watching Season 2. It just keeps getting better and better! I'm really glad I followed this series. This combined with h50, makes up for not having 24 anymore.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Lauren, are you still watching this? I'm all caught up and so many things have happened since. Won't post spoilers here until I know if you're still watching, haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crypticshock Hockey 0