TV Nickelodeon in the 90s

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I reckon Nickelodeons best run was during the 90s a ton of great shows were showcased during this era such as The Rugrats, Rockos Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Doug, Angry Beavers, etc...

Alot of great shows back than, and a lot of great memories.

Who else enjoyed this network back in the 90s?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Hell. Yes. Want to put some nostalgia goggles on? Go check out the Nostalgia Critic's videos on Nick in the early days.

I think one of my favourite parts about Nick back then was that (in the UK at least) every Wednesday was "Watch Your Own Wednesday". For those who don't know of it, they gave you a choice of about two or three shows in the middle of every show, with a phone number for each one. You use the (freephone!) number to vote for the show you want to watch, and then wait hoping that the show you chose was the winner.

Unfortunately, Nick eventually removed WYOW and changed it to Watch Your Own Week. This didn't come around often enough for my tastes, and they had changed the number into a non-freephone one. Wasn't that bad, but eventually, they seemed to drop Watch Your Own alltogether. But around that time, I was starting to grow out of watching Nick, so I wasn't particuarly bothered about it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I wartched me a lot of nick in the 90's. Definitely familiar with all the shows you mentioned to. I loved rockos modern life.

I was also a big fan of those contest shows they used to do. Where if you lost, you got slimed. Whatever happened to sliming people! :hah:

Shooting_Palanx

They still have slime in it, annually though in the kids choice awards =P

How about Are you afraid of the dark?

That show was pretty cool, and quite creepy despite it being on a kids network lol.

Yeah I used to watch a lot of Nickelodeon when I was a kid. I remember WYOW, I'd forgotten all about that.

I was also a big fan of those contest shows they used to do. Where if you lost, you got slimed. Whatever happened to sliming people! :hah:
lol! Funny, I actually saw them do that on some kids TV game-show the other day but it was some [literally] watered down light green stuff and they had the choice whether they actually wanted to be dumped in it or not once they lost. :rofl:

Television in general during the 90s was so much better than it is now, and so much easier to find good shows to watch. Not a cartoon but the old All That was king of everything before I learned about MadTv.

Shooting_Palanx

ALLLLLLL THAT!

I remember that show, the first series had a ton of soon to be famous actors, such as Kenan Thompson, Kel Mitchell, Amanda Bynes and Nick Cannon.

Awesome show with awesome skits.

Favorite skit would have to be Confidential Information and Good Burger.