Movies Nicholas Cage

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I think he deserves his own thread. He's one of my favourite actors. I think he does an excellent job of playing many different roles very convincingly. Yes, like lots of actors, he's done his fair share of poor ones, but he has come out with some VERY amazing performances as well.

Just recently I saw the movie Face Off. The one that stars him as a criminal, and Travolta as a cop. But they end up switching faces, and so it's Cage acting as Travolta's character and vice versa. I was very amazed at how well both of them pulled it off lol. I spent the whole movie enthralled by how well Cage pretended to be Travolta pretending to be Shaun Archer lol. By far my favourite Cage movie.

What movies by him are your favourites? Do you agree that he's an excellent actor?

Ultra_Critical

Registered Member
I think he deserves his own thread. He's one of my favourite actors. I think he does an excellent job of playing many different roles very convincingly. Yes, like lots of actors, he's done his fair share of poor ones, but he has come out with some VERY amazing performances as well.

Just recently I saw the movie Face Off. The one that stars him as a criminal, and Travolta as a cop. But they end up switching faces, and so it's Cage acting as Travolta's character and vice versa. I was very amazed at how well both of them pulled it off lol. I spent the whole movie enthralled by how well Cage pretended to be Travolta pretending to be Shaun Archer lol. By far my favourite Cage movie.

What movies by him are your favourites? Do you agree that he's an excellent actor?
Ocean's Eleven and Gone In 60 Seconds are my two favorite by him. More recently The Knowing was pretty decent however the directing was 'meh' in my opinion. He is a good actor but his parts are getting a little predictable.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't rate him that highly. I do love Gone In 60 Seconds and Face/Off but I wouldn't go out of my way to see a film he was in. If I had a conversation with him I'd fall to sleep because of his voice.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Bangkok Dangerous :) He's a decent actor, and I'm not a HUGE fan, but I do like some of his movies.

World Trade Centre he was pretty good in. Overall top actor :)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't think he was in Ocean's 11...

Anywho...I mostly dislike him. There is just something about him that irritates me...I don't know why.

However, I went and looked at a full listing of his movies, and there are quite a few that I like, including: Raising Arizona, The Rock, Con Air, Face/Off, Family Man.

I sort of like Gone in 60 Seconds...but my ex was obsessed with that movie so I got burned out on it quickly.

The National Treasure films are ok and I don't mind watching them...but I don't love them, either.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm back and forth with him. I loved the National Treasure movies and thought he did a good job. I also liked Family Man and Face/Off and thought he did well in those. I didn't like Gone in 60 seconds nor The Rock and thought he didn't do well in those.

He's not one of my favorite actors but I don't think he's aweful either. He's ok.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't think he was in Ocean's 11...
that's what i thought too :)

However, I went and looked at a full listing of his movies, and there are quite a few that I like, including: Raising Arizona, The Rock, Con Air, Face/Off, Family Man.

I sort of like Gone in 60 Seconds...but my ex was obsessed with that movie so I got burned out on it quickly.

The National Treasure films are ok and I don't mind watching them...but I don't love them, either.
I also like the movies you mentioned. Maybe my favorite is Con Air coz that's the time when I started noticing he could be sexy. I also like Leaving Las Vegas, although it's a depressing movie.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Working? I tried to post earlier and it hung up and sent me to Control Panel when I refreshed.

As I was trying to say:

I have very mixed feelings about Cage. It's a love/hate thing and it really depends on his roles.

I enjoyed the National Treasure movies but that was due to Riley and the attractive German blonde.

I enjoyed Raising Arizona, the Rock, and Matchstick Men. Anything else by him I won't willingly watch a second time. Maybe Con Air, but that would be because of the other actors... Steve Buscemi :D

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
He's a decent actor, I will not say he is great. But in ALL of his great movies, their is a DAMN GOOD supporting actor. Without one, I find, his shitty acting comes onto its own, and the movie is effectively fucked. I sight "Bangkok Dangerous" and "Knowing." God aweful movies. But National Treasure, Con Air, The Rock, (debateabaly his best movies), all have good supporting actors. So he is meh, overall, but it really comes down to the director and supporting ators who can really fuck up his movies...