Movies Nicholas Cage - Love him or hate him?

raem94

Registered Member
Recently one of my friends started an obsession with the actor Nicholas Cage (mostly because their names are both Nicholas - sounds strange but he is strange and that isn't the point). After asking around the rest of my friends he seems to be a very controversial figure.
What does the forum think? do you love the all action superhero? Or do you hate the droning voice of the man who does nothing but action shooters?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am a fan of Nicholas Cage, but not is recent movies. I am more a fan of his old stuff like The Rock, Con Air, Face Off, but stuff like Matchstick Man is just horrible in my opinion.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't love or hate him. He's just meh.

I've seen him in good movies, I've seen him in bad. I wouldn't watch or avoid a movie just because he was in it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm a fan. I've always like Cage and even through the crappy movies I've felt his good movies pick up the slack.

One of the stupidest Cage movies I've ever seen would definitely be Vampire's Kiss..... its from 1988 and is flat out hilarious to watch because of how horrible it really is. Just see the trailer for what I'm talking about:

YouTube - Vampire's Kiss Trailer (1989)

raem94

Registered Member
Oh dear. that's strange, because you'd never catch him doing that now. He does action now and action only. I've got to show this to my friend...

wolfheart

Registered Member
I like him in certain films and hate him others.
He was fantastic in Kiss of Death, The Rock and Leaving Las Vagas, but he was terrible in Ghost Rider and a couple of others that I cant remember the name of.

Overall he is pretty good, and I like more of stuff than dislike it.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I never been a total "oh my God, he's ace fan" but I do like him as an actor though, some of his movies are pretty good.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I pretty much hate Nick Cage...I mean come on, did anybody see "Faceoff?"

I did like "Raising Arizona," but that was about it.