NHL TV Schedules

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
TSN Announces Broadcast Schedule, Will Air Pre-Season Games

O Canada! With more coverage of Canadian teams than ever before, TSN today unveiled its 70-game NHL on TSN broadcast schedule for the 2008-09 regular season.

For the first time in network history, all regular season games will feature at least one Canadian team and will be available nationally in High Definition on TSN HD. In addition, TSN will also produce and televise a total of six pre-season games - one for each Canadian club, marking the first time in more than 10 years TSN will air pre-season action.

Link to Schedule

~~~~~

Versus Announces Schedule for 2008-09 NHL Regular Season

New York, NY — VERSUS, the network that celebrates real competition and the exclusive cable home of the National Hockey League (NHL), today announced the television schedule for the 2008-09 NHL regular season. The network will open its fourth year of NHL coverage with an international double-header on Oct. 5 when the Tampa Bay Lightning and the New York Rangers face-off in Prague at 12 p.m. ET, followed by a match-up featuring the Pittsburgh Penguins and Ottawa Senators in Stockholm at 2:30 p.m. ET. Then, on Thurs., Oct. 9, VERSUS’ coverage returns to the U.S. with a double-header featuring the 2008 Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings’ home-opener as they take on the Toronto Maple Leafs at 8 p.m. ET followed by a 10:30 p.m. ET clash between the Colorado Avalanche and Boston Bruins.

VERSUS’ 2008-09 regular season NHL schedule highlights some of the most exciting hockey games of the season with the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins all making a season-high eight appearances on the network and the Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers and Washington Capitals making seven appearances each. In total, VERSUS will televise 56 regular season games, All-Star weekend, wall-to-wall Stanley Cup playoff action and the first two games of the Stanley Cup Final. All of the network’s regular-season games are exclusive and VERSUS’ regular-season schedule features a Game of the Week wherein VERSUS will be the only place on television to watch the NHL game in the U.S. at that time. Every NHL game on VERSUS is produced and shown in HD where available.

“We’re in a great place heading into our fourth season as the exclusive cable television home of the NHL. The successes that we saw last season proves that VERSUS has truly arrived as the undisputed home of hockey in the United States,” said Marc Fein, Executive Vice President Programming, Production and Business Operations for VERSUS. “We look forward to another exciting season, featuring the best games with the most national appeal, coupled with our all-encompassing coverage, gives us confidence that we will continue our positive growth trend.”

VERSUS is entering this season on a huge high based on double-digit ratings and viewership growth last year in the regular season and through each round of the playoffs, including the first two games of the Stanley Cup Final. Most notably, the Conference Final round of the 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs and Games 1 and 2 of the 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Final were the highest-rated and most-watched NHL postseason games on cable since 2002, while Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final was the most watched telecast in network history.

Mike “Doc” Emrick will return as the network’s lead play-by-play announcer and will be joined all season long by the best NHL announcers in the game today, including Eddie Olczyk, Joe Beninati and John Forslund. The network will wrap up the evening with its stellar NHL studio show, Hockey Central, with host Bill Patrick and analysts Keith Jones and Brian Engblom. Ratings for Hockey Central last season also saw significant viewership gains during both the regular season (up 30%) and playoffs (up 77%) compared to the 2006-07 season.

VERSUS’ full 2008-09 NHL Regular Season schedule follows (subject to change):
* Denotes exclusive Game of the Week

DATE GAMES Time (ET)
Sun. Oct. 5 Tampa Bay vs. NY Rangers 12:00 PM
Sun. Oct. 5 Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh 2:30 PM
Thurs. Oct. 9* Toronto at Detroit 8:00 PM
Thurs. Oct. 9 Boston at Colorado 10:30 PM
Mon. Oct. 13 Vancouver at Washington 7:00 PM
Tues. Oct. 14* Philadelphia at Pittsburgh 7:30 PM
Mon. Oct. 20 Florida at Montreal 7:30 PM
Tues. Oct. 21* Boston at Buffalo 7:00 PM
Mon. Oct. 27 Chicago at Minnesota 8:00 PM
Tues. Oct. 28* Philadelphia at Atlanta 7:00 PM
Mon. Nov. 3 Buffalo at New Jersey 7:00 PM
Mon. Nov. 10 Tampa Bay at Washington 7:00 PM
Tues. Nov. 11* Pittsburgh at Detroit 7:00 PM
Mon. Nov. 17 Boston at Toronto 7:30 PM
Tues. Nov. 18* Minnesota at Pittsburgh 7:00 PM
Mon. Nov. 24 Washington at Minnesota 8:00 PM
Tues. Nov. 25* St. Louis at Nashville 7:00 PM
Mon. Dec. 1 Colorado at Minnesota 8:00 PM
Tues. Dec. 2* Tampa Bay at Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Mon. Dec. 8 Buffalo at Pittsburgh 7:30 PM
Tues. Dec. 9* NY Islanders at Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Mon. Dec. 15* Colorado at Detroit 7:00 PM
Tues. Dec. 16 Washington at NY Islanders 7:00 PM
Mon. Dec. 22* Pittsburgh at Buffalo 7:00 PM
Tues. Dec. 23 Boston at New Jersey 7:00 PM
Mon. Dec. 29* NY Islanders at NY Rangers 7:00 PM
Tues. Dec. 30 New Jersey at St. Louis 8:00 PM
Mon. Jan. 5* Pittsburgh at NY Rangers 7:00 PM
Tues. Jan. 6 Minnesota at Boston 7:00 PM
Mon. Jan. 12* Detroit at Dallas 8:00 PM
Tues. Jan. 13 Montreal at Boston 7:00 PM
Mon. Jan. 19* Minnesota at Chicago 8:00 PM
Tues. Jan. 20 Washington at Ottawa 7:30 PM
Sat. Jan. 24 All-Star Skills Competition
Sun. Jan. 25 All-Star Game
Tues. Jan. 27 Washington at Boston 7:00 PM
Mon. Feb. 2* St. Louis at Detroit 7:00 PM
Tues. Feb. 3 St. Louis at Columbus 7:00 PM
Mon. Feb. 9* NY Rangers at New Jersey 7:00 PM
Tues. Feb. 10 San Jose at Boston 7:00 PM
Mon. Feb. 16* NY Rangers at St. Louis 7:00 PM
Tues. Feb. 17 Buffalo at Toronto 7:30 PM
Mon. Feb. 23* San Jose at Dallas 8:00 PM
Tues. Feb. 24 Anaheim at Buffalo 7:00 PM
Mon. March 2* Colorado at NY Islanders 7:00 PM
Tues. March 3 Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay 7:30 PM
Mon. March 9* NY Rangers at Carolina 7:00 PM
Tues. March 10 Buffalo at Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Mon. March 16* Washington at Atlanta 7:00 PM
Tues. March 17 Philadelphia at Detroit 7:30 PM
Mon. March 23* New Jersey at Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Tues. March 24 Minnesota at NY Rangers 7:00 PM
Mon. March 30* New Jersey at NY Rangers 7:00 PM
Mon. March 30 Dallas at Phoenix 10:00 PM
Tues. March 31 Chicago at Montreal 7:30 PM
Mon. April 6* Detroit at Buffalo 7:00 PM
Tues. April 7 Dallas at Minnesota 8:00 PM
Tues. April 7 Colorado at San Jose 10:30 PM

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hopefully TSN will be showing a lot of Montreal games, in my opinion TSN should show mostly the Habs and the Leafs, they get the best ratings out of any Canadian team hands down.

I don't have vursus, so that schedule doesn't really effect me.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I dont have TSN, but oddly enough I get RDS

Versus really sucked last Season if you asked me, the Absolute best bet I had was with the Center Ice Package through Direct TV. Only problem with that was I had soooo many hockey games that I never really got to take full advantage of it.

I spent more time on the FSN Ohio that I never really paid much attention to the rest of the NHL. Although I did get a few real good games on the HDnet channels, those were great.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's awesome you get RDS, I don't have it because my Satelitte doesn't package doesn't carry the channel. I wish I did because they show all the Montreal games. But I still go watch the games at my friends house, or at a bar when it's not on TSN.