• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NHL Trade Rumors

TORHABSFAN

Thought we could use a thread to discuss trade rumors around the League.

If you post one please include the source and or website. It could be a creditable source like TSN's Bob McKenzie and Darren Dregger or Sportsnet's Kipper.. it can also be a non credible Internet rumor monger like Eklund who we all know is a joke.

TORHABSFAN

I will start it off with a couple of Habs rumors.

This one is from that jackass Eklund.

"Discussions Ongoing Between Kings and Habs (e4) and not only the Habs. Not sure how major this deal could be, but there is a ton of smoke here....I have some saying it's big (2 for 2) and some calling it preliminary,"

Probably Bull shit as always but anyone care to speculate on a pontential deal between the Habs and LA?

TSN put up a report from a NJ writter suggesting Brierre for Volchenkov.

it was really dumb and caused a stir. in the end it was just a writter's wishful thinking. Volchenkov sucks and has an extra year on his deal more then briere. plus he makes 250k more per year.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
As long as these rumours aren't from Twitter insiders who has sources from the "inside" I'll allow all kinds of rumours to be posted. So many Habs fans I follow have unknown "sources" and they come up with a different rumours everyday..mostly from the Habs camp but they like to throw different teams in there to mix things up. Nothing more frustrating than that.

Sabby

Lol, I wish my old roomate was on here, he used to get the must 'sure fire' trade rumours from hockeybuzz.com. To this day, I don't think any of the trades ever happened

TORHABSFAN

Eklund and his HockeyBuzz site suck. There is no doubt that he is full of shit.

But at the same time I can generate discussions. And that is what we are here for after all.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
TORHABSFAN said:
Eklund and his HockeyBuzz site suck. There is no doubt that he is full of shit.

But at the same time I can generate discussions. And that is what we are here for after all.
No doubt! But when the trade rumour is a seven player deal between the Canadiens/Capitals and the main player involved is Alexander Ovechkin, it becomes ludicrous. That's all I'm saying. I don't mind discussing possible "fake" trade rumours if they actually make sense.

Sabby

Per the Edmonton Oilers twitter feed: #Oilers acquire forward Matt Hendricks from @PredsNHL in exchange for goaltender Devan Dubnyk.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
The LA Kings and Montreal Canadiens twitter feeds had some fun with Eklund today when he posted that on Twitter.

Kings told Eklund and it was a deal over the pizza Montreal still owe them and Montreal was still waiting for the toppings.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Hockey 14
Babe_Ruth Hockey 39
Babe_Ruth Hockey 29
Babe_Ruth Hockey 16
willge87 Hockey 2