Hockey NHL team in Vegas?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Bill Daly vehemently denied it by email to a Quebec journalist who inquired to him about the rumor. Surprise, surprise.

However, someone I'm following has been keeping track of the situation for weeks, even months now. She's been keeping tracks of flights (via Flightware or something like that, I don't remember the name) and basically, there's been a lot of flights between Teterboro (aka NHL headquarters) & Montreal or Quebec recently. Some of those flights have also been linked from Teterboro to Raleigh in the past couple of weeks. Some would probably say that it doesn't mean anything but when I heard that tidbit of news earlier this week, I thought immediately about that.

Personally, I don't trust Bettman & Daly a damn bit but I'd be glad if that happened via relocation rather than expansion. But as long as Quebec City gets their team back, that's all that matters.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is certainly some interesting stuff...

I think that eventually we'll see teams in Vegas and Quebec...just seems likely to me

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
This is certainly some interesting stuff...

I think that eventually we'll see teams in Vegas and Quebec...just seems likely to me
I think you're right. Even though Vegas has gotten the most concrete attention recently, Quebec has always felt like a sure shot. I still really want a team in KC - their fans can be crazy but they're super loyal when it comes to football. We'll see about baseball if/when the Royals dip again, but for now KC is looking like a good sports town in terms of attendance. Still, It feels like 5th on the list of cities we've discussed haha.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't know the specifics about Kansas City but do they have an arena that are suitable to NHL standards to accomodate a franchise? Isn't it the Sprint Center now instead of the Kemper Arena?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
There was only TWO cities that filed for expansion: Las Vegas and Quebec. Now two years ago Quebec was going for an Eastern team for relocation instead of Phoenix. If they are going to switch it to relocation why continue in expansion process costing them money? Will Las Vegas be only expansion team, leaving it at 31 teams? Do they expect Kansas or Seattle to apply in a couple more years?