• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... unishment/

You wonder why some people believe the NHL is a joke, well take this as one of the prime examples. What horseshit. Plenty of teams are furious about this decision. Rightly so.

I cannot believe the NHL reversed it.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
The only reason why this could make any sense at all is because Kovalchuk retired and because the Devils have a new owner. But regardless of that, I don't understand why they reversed it. Was the anti-front loaded contract policy in place before Kovalchuk signed with the Devils? I remember the Hossa deal when he signed with Chicago raised some eyebrows and was part of the reason why the NHL wanted to outlaw them, but I can't remember if the rule was in place before the Devils signed Kovalchuk.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is pretty much bullshit by the NHL

Way to go guys...way to make yourselves look idiotic

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
So stupid! When I thought this couldn't get any worse I read this tweet:

“@mirtle: Press release outlining changes to Devils penalties ends with "The League intends to have no further comment on this matter."”

Sabby

Dickey's Flow said:
So stupid! When I thought this couldn't get any worse I read this tweet:

“@mirtle: Press release outlining changes to Devils penalties ends with "The League intends to have no further comment on this matter."”
Typical Bettman being a plug and embarassing the league. Just because Lamorillo (spelling?) and him are butt buddies he reverses this. I wonder if Nonis should have gone over the cap at trade deadline yesterdday?.....I'm sure Gary would have had no problem with that either.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
It was an overdone penalty to them, anyway. What did Vancouver get for that stupid Luongo contract? All of the teams that had those types of contracts I think got dinged with some type of cap penalty after the new CBA and the Devils never?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Hockey 14
Babe_Ruth Hockey 39
Babe_Ruth Hockey 29
Konshentz Hockey 60
Millz Hockey 14