• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NHL Playoff Discussion, 2011

Brandon22

Registered Member
Ah I can't wait for them to start.....Wed/Thurs can't come fast enough

Go Canucks Go

Last edited by a moderator:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm excited, don't know who the Canadiens are going to face yet since the seeding might change today. Honestly, I don't care who we face I'm just glad that they made the playoffs. Last years run was fun to watch, and I do hope that we're going to get far again this season.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The regular season is over & the playoff match-ups are set. I'm pretty friggin' excited. I've been waiting for this for months.

I'll make my predictions within the next couple of days.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here are my predictions for the first round.

-Flyers
-Pittsburgh
-Canadiens
-Capitals

-Ducks
-Sharks
-Red Wings
-Vancouver

Obviously the series I'm mostly looking forward too is Montreal vs. Bruins. We won the season series 4-2, but we got our asses handed to us during the last match-up. I have the Bruins with a passion, so I really, really want them to beat them.

Hopefully we'll be able to get some good discussions going on.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Predictions:

WEST

Canucks over Hawks in 6
Sharks over Kings in 6
Wings over Coyotes in 6
Ducks over Predators in 7

EAST

Capitals over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 7
Bruins over Canadiens in 7
Lightning over Penguins in 6
------
And here are the expert picks from ESPN...

2011 Stanley Cup playoffs: Experts' picks - ESPN

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Meh! Only one team selected the Montreal Canadiens. I won't lie it kind of pisses me off that no one is giving the Canadiens any chance to win this series. I know the Bruins are stronger and bigger but Montreal are faster and more skilled for the most part. If Price is on top of his game, then I truly believe Montreal will win this this series. Our top six forwards will need to put the puck in the net and pass Tim Thomas too. I have confidence in the Canadiens, they won't the season series 4-2, I know that Playoffs is a different story, but we've had success against them in the past even when we were dogs, which we are again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hey look at what Montreal did last year by beating Pittsburgh and Washington, anything can happen! Picks below...

Capitals over Rangers
Flyers over Sabres
Canadiens over Bruins
Lightning over Penguins

Canucks over Blackhawks
Sharks over Kings
Red Wings over Coyotes
Predators over Ducks

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tampa Bay vs. Pittsburgh is definitely a tricky one for me, and it could go either way. The decision factor for me is Marc Andre Fleury. He has tons of playoff experience, and I believe he'll be able to carry them pass the first round. We also don't know if Crosby will play in this years playoffs, if he does and he's 100% healthy then this team are Stanley Cup contenders once again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tampa Bay vs. Pittsburgh is definitely a tricky one for me, and it could go either way. The decision factor for me is Marc Andre Fleury. He has tons of playoff experience, and I believe he'll be able to carry them pass the first round. We also don't know if Crosby will play in this years playoffs, if he does and he's 100% healthy then this team are Stanley Cup contenders once again.
I picked Tampa Bay because of the Crosby situation. Without Crosby or Malkin I do not think they are good enough to beat the Lightning. St Louis, Stamkos and Lecavalier are going to be just too much, I think.

Of course if Sid the Kid is back that completely changes everything.

BigBob

Registered Member
Capitals over Rangers in 6
Flyers over Sabres in 6
Bruins over Canadians in 6
Lightning over Penguins in 5

Canucks over Blackhawks in 4
Sharks over Kings in 5
Red Wings over Coyotes in 5
Ducks over Predators in 7

I think the Canucks are going to be able to sweep the Blackhawks. The Blackhawks are lucky enough to have even been in the playoffs and I think they're going to get destroyed by Vancouver.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Hockey 14
Konshentz Hockey 60
Babe_Ruth Hockey 159
Konshentz Hockey 59
Babe_Ruth Hockey 395