Hockey NHL Off-season thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Blackhawks traded Bickell and Teravainen for draft picks. I'm happy with the move if it frees up cap space.
Another year, another move for the Blackhawks to clear cap space. I know they needed to do this move, but Ron Francis stole Bickell and Teravainen from Chicago.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like the Bruins offered the Blues their first round pick in the draft for Kevin Shattenkirk but we declined.

I think he's gonna have to be traded but we shall see to whom and for what.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Couple of Habs moves at the draft last night:

Lars Eller gone to the Capitals for two second round draft picks. Really like this trade. They gave Eller so many chances. He was good on occasion.

Andrew Shaw gone to Montreal for two second round draft picks. Love this move. Shaw, as a few people here can attest brings a lot to the table. And he's a pest and we already have one of the bigger ones in Gallagher.

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
https://flagrantlyfoul.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/andrew-shaw-is-a-douchebag/

Andrew Shaw landed himself in a big pile of shit last night after he had a full on meltdown during the last ten minutes of the Blues-Blackhawks game last night. He blew a f***ing gasket and decided it was a good idea to jump a Blues player, get the penalty with two minutes and four seconds left in the game and then try to jump ANOTHER Blues player when he got out of the box. He made himself look even worse when on the way to the box, he flipped the referee off and then pounded on the glass to catch the ref’s attention, only to say “F**k you, you f***ng f***ot, f**k you”.
Yeah, I'd love to have him on my team.

-----

As far as the Shattenkirk situation goes, I'd love to see him stay a Blue but I don't see it happening. I hope we can get something good for him if Millz is right about a trade happening.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Habs fans man... I can see why so many people hate the Habs just because of their fans. It's a business. No matter if you wanted Eller to have your first born... He didn't bring it when the Habs needed it. He was playing on the wing for most of this season - Montreal has a better pool of centres now.

Attacking Shaw before he plays a first game in the Habs uniform. The guy is 24 and has 2 cup rings which he played a role in achieving!

They drafted a defenceman because one day soon Markov will stop lacing then up and they really have no replacement...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Habs fans man... I can see why so many people hate the Habs just because of their fans. It's a business. No matter if you wanted Eller to have your first born... He didn't bring it when the Habs needed it. He was playing on the wing for most of this season - Montreal has a better pool of centres now.

Attacking Shaw before he plays a first game in the Habs uniform. The guy is 24 and has 2 cup rings which he played a role in achieving!

They drafted a defenceman because one day soon Markov will stop lacing then up and they really have no replacement...
Preach.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I've been hard on Marc Bergevin this year but I must say that I like what he did on Friday. There was no room for Eller anymore in this club and Andrew Shaw will bring energy, grit & leadership in the locker room. I'm happy mostly because while I love Brendan Gallagher's way of playing the game, he now won't be alone to get into scraps in front of the net and now, opposing teams will have to contend with BOTH Gallagher & Shaw.

From what I've heard all day, looks like a contract extension is almost a done deal with Andrew Shaw. I guess it's only a matter of how much and how long. I'm hoping that Bergevin will also be able to make a move to get Cam Fowler. Ideally, if we could get rid of Emelin or Gilbert, that'd be nice, although I'm sure that Anaheim will ask somewhat of a hefty price for Fowler.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Stamkos is staying in Tampa

8 year deal I think I heard
I thought he would end up with the Leafs, but not surprised he decided to stay in Tampa. The team is a contender for the Stanley Cup and will be for a lot of years to come.

Also, maybe he had no desire to play in a big hockey market like Toronto.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Been reading today that Habs are going after Loui Eriksson and Milan Lucic.

If Lucic ends up playing with the Habs, hell will truly have frozen over.