NHL Lottery

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Two of the biggest prospects in a couple of years will be in this years draft, here's the top five teams who won the lottery last night.

1. New York Islanders
    2. Tampa Bay Lightning
    3. Colorado Avalache
    4. Atlanta Thrashers
    5. L.A Kings

Burke had a news conference last night, and he said that he will not everything in his power to get the first pick and get Tavaras. Whoever gets the two first selections will get franchise players. John Tavaras and Victor Hedman are both studs.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Those two guys were one of the reasosn I almost wanted to Blues to do bad again this year.

I think I'll take the playoff birth, however.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The islanders definitely have room for a young star thats for sure. I honestly cant think of anyone on their roster that impresses me or sticks out. Is Roman Hamrlik still over there?

Tampa Bay picking up the second pick. That'll be a good one for them, hopefully they can make the most of it. Its obvious they are hurting after releasing Boyle (was it Boyle?) for the cap space and what not.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Hammer is with the Canadiens.

Yeah they had to get rid of Boyle because of cap space issue, they got a good star in Stamkos last season and now it seems like they are going to get a stud defenseman in Hedman, who's predicted to be the next Lindstrom.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Good for the Islanders. I hope to see them back in the playoffs in a few years, get that other New York team outta there. Haha. Sorry Turbo.

6. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

How very true. And ya, brian burke seemed extremely intent on getting tavares...i doubt i would want to get in his way on that one. Im not sure how he plans on doing it though...do the leafs have a bunch of picks they can trade?

anyways, i would love to see the islanders off the bottom and tavares definitely can't hurt the chances of that happening...burke has good reason for wanting him so bad, hes a damn fine player.