• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NHL-Expansion?

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
30 teams in the NHL: 14 in the WEST, 16 in the EAST..... Seems balanced, no? But was this planned, or an accident?
I think it was planned. Betman wants expansion, but where to? Seattle seems like that's where he's leading to, but then they need a team in the middle of the US or central Canada.... Saskatchewan? Regina? Which Canadian city would be a great fit in the NHL?
*Note: 1 most be in the line of Pacific and the other in the middle of North America.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
It ends in 2015. It will be looked at again by 2015. So if there is expansion, they can shift teams around again. It is only a 2 season plan currently.

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
Ok, but if you could expand to a place, and this realignment would continue, who would you choose?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Seattle and Kansas City... but there is no way I would let this realignment continue if I were an owner. There is too much RS in Quebec to bypass. I think, not 100% sure, that PKP pissed off a few people. A few of those pissed off people are in Bell, CBC and Rogers (You know, the guys who own the NHL rights in Canada)... so it's possible the cigar smokers are trying to block a QC expansion unless PKP will conform to not asking for TV rights of QC to his TVA network. (TVA just signed one of RDS's best commentators)

There's a lot of crap going on behind the scenes to get a team back in QC. Hell... even talks of Brian Mulroney being involved with a group talking to NHL.