Hockey NHL Expansion in Seattle?

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
So I heard Seattle was given the okay to try and sell season tickets and become the 32nd franchise in the NHL. It'll cost 650 million bucks...Las Vegas only (only lol) had to pay $500 million.

Now, I know there are some people here who want a team in Quebec, and I am technically one of them, but Seattle is an excellent choice to have a team. That city is an excellent sports team. I still don't understand why they moved the Sonics outta there.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Count me in as one of the people who really wants a team back in Quebec. Apparently, one of the reasons of having a team in Seattle first, and not Quebec is because that Bettman wants to even out the number of teams on the West – they currently have fifteen, while the East have sixteen.

It’s more likely to happen for Quebec if a team needs relocation at this point. It should be interesting, that’s for sure, and it should create a new rivalry between the Canucks and Seattle.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
The geography aspect makes sense. The team with the best chance of being relocated is Arizona though, isn't it? And if they move to Quebec, that screws up the geography again.

It's too bad the Hurricanes are staying in Carolina. Because that woulda been better.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bettman will do anything in his power to make Arizona/Phoenix work in the NHL (that is his baby) – so it is not going anywhere, unfortunately.

Good for Seattle. I look forward to another team and another expansion draft.

Hopefully Quebec is next on the list after that.

Fuck the Coyotes. That is all.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Good for Seattle. I look forward to another team and another expansion draft.

Hopefully Quebec is next on the list after that.

Fuck the Coyotes. That is all.
Isn't 32 teams enough? Once Seattle gets a team...shouldn't that be the end of it? I don't wanna dilute things even more.

I don't know if it's enough or not. I just feel like Quebec should've been ahead of both Vegas and Seattle. I guess we can hold out hope a team folds and moves up there. But that's not exactly ideal.

33 is an ugly number, I'll give you that.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if it's enough or not. I just feel like Quebec should've been ahead of both Vegas and Seattle. I guess we can hold out hope a team folds and moves up there. But that's not exactly ideal.

33 is an ugly number, I'll give you that.
yes, I agree. More teams in Canada just makes sense.

Move the fucking Florida Panthers too. I hate that franchise.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Panthers make the most sense for relocation. You don’t need two teams from the Sunshine State; especially when one of them struggles to sell tickets. Most people that go there are Canadians that are retired and living in Florida for the winter, anyway.