NHL Draft?

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

So is anyone interested in the upcoming draft? I sure am, I know the Candiens don't have a high pick, but I believe there's going to be a lot of trading going down that weekend. I am interested to see if the Islanders are going to keep the number one pick or trade it. Tavaras so is ranked in all mock drafts to go number one came out and said he didn't want to play for them. He wants to play for Toronto.

Thoughts?

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

What picks do the Sharks have? Anyone know?

3. Babe_Ruth

They don't select in the first round, they have the 43 thrid pick overall. It came from Buffalo. After that they have 57th pick. So if they want a good player their scouts better being a good job finiding that special player.

4. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

I was a little disappointed in the draft. I was expecting more trades to go down. I guess the salary cap is causing teams to be a lot more cautious and careful. Oh well maybe there will be a bunch of trades on July 1st when free agency starts!

5. Babe_Ruth

Did you hear the reaction Louie LeBlanc got when Montreal selected him eighteen overall, it was pretty crazy. This guy is going to go play in the NCAA for Havard for a couple years, than he'll try out for the club. This guy is suppose to be very good, so hopefully he becomes a star for the Canadiens.

6. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

Yeah that was probably the loudest cheer of the whole draft when Montreal selected LeBlanc.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Pronger to Philly? Eh, not exactly what I wanted to see. I hate the guy, but probably good for the team.