• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nhl 12

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This game won't be out for another 3 months or so, but I thought I'd get the thread started now because of all of the recent excitement with the NHL Finals, The Draft, and the rebirth of the Winnipeg Jets franchise.

I've heard great things about past games in this series, and I've been toying with the idea of buying one for a while. I was watching the E3 stage demo video from Gamespot with Millz last night, and I have to say I'm really impressed. I'm definitely leaning towards getting NHL 12 at this point.

(this is a link to the 360 game page, but I think the demo used was pretty much for all of the consoles...not sure which version he was using).

NHL 12, NHL 12 Xbox 360 - GameSpot.com

Do you think you'll pick this one up? What are your past experiences with the series?

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll eventually pick it up. I'm currently playing NHL 11 on PS3 and I like it. It took a bit of time to get used to it since it's very different from the other NHL games that I've played in the past, but I enjoy it a lot. I'm sure the new game will be a lot like the current one with just a changes here and there.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've seen some videos on it, looks good. I like that you can now run into goalies and break the glass. Will that be enough to get me to toss away $60? Not sure. NHL 11 is decent enough. I might trade it in though.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I have NHL '10, and I like it, but I paid something like $20 for it when I bought it.

With the chance to play as the Winnipeg Jets for the first time since NHL '96, depending on my income (and whether or not they screw the game itself up), it might yet be the first sports game I've ever bought new.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
With the chance to play as the Winnipeg Jets for the first time since NHL '96,
You do know that pretty much every NHL since about NHL 03 has had Custom Jersey's with three versions of the Jets Logo as an option right?

in Fact one year I even made the custom Jersey and Subbed the custom team in for the Coyotes :hah:

For the 11 version I subbed in a custom team using the old Capitals Eagle logo which was incredibly close to the old Fresno Falcons logo. So I've been playing as the Las Vegas Falcons :hah:

As far as 12 goes... heh, I probably wont get it. Money is tight and I play NHL games oddly anymore.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have NHL10 and really like it and since this game has the Jets in it I think I'll pick it up.

With sports game I don't usually grab the new one every year. The last Madden I got was 2009 so I'm getting that new one this year as well.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have NHL10 and really like it and since this game has the Jets in it I think I'll pick it up.

With sports game I don't usually grab the new one every year. The last Madden I got was 2009 so I'm getting that new one this year as well.
Thats pretty much how I do it.

I go basically in this order

1st Year: NHL

2nd Year: NFL

3rd Year: MLB

4th Year: Start over with NHL.

~~~~~~

This year would technically be an NFL year for me because I did pick up NHL 11 last year.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
You do know that pretty much every NHL since about NHL 03 has had Custom Jersey's with three versions of the Jets Logo as an option right?

in Fact one year I even made the custom Jersey and Subbed the custom team in for the Coyotes :hah:
:shake: Then they didn't do that for NHL '10, because I tried; there's no Winnipeg logo for any of the custom jerseys in that one. You can play as the Phoenix Coyotes, wearing the classic Winnipeg jerseys....but you still have to play as the Phoenix Coyotes.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
hrm.... I dont remember if I had NHL 10 or not.

But I know for a fact that NHL 11 has it. They have all the old logos, like the KC Scouts, the Alberta Flames, the Whalers, Nordiques, Jets, Golden Seals, hell even the Cleveland Barons.

I'm trying to remember which was my last NHL one before that... I think it was 09... and I pretty much remember that version having it to. Although if I remember right the Custom Jersey maker on that version was a pain in the ass.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Hockey 14
Babe_Ruth Hockey 39
Babe_Ruth Hockey 29
Konshentz Hockey 60
Millz Hockey 14