• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NFL Week 17 running thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The biggest match-up of the week is the Eagles vs. Cowboys. Cowboys win, they make the playoffs, Eagles win, they make the playoffs.

I'll be nervous as hell, that's for sure. Just sucks that Romo won't be playing. The Cowboys defense will need to show up for once.

Bears-Packers will be an interesting one too, I think it will be a close game if Rodgers plays or not.

Interesting that for that sixth spot in the AFC, four teams are alive and none of them controls their destiny. They mostly need to win and have other things happen.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Steelers need to win plus get a Ravens, Dolphins, and Chargers loss. Chiefs might rest their starters so that is a problem. Really hoping Pittsburgh wins and Baltimore, Miami, San Diego all lose so the Steelers go to the Playoffs. That's what I am focused most on. After that is the seeding in the AFC. New England could end up being #1 or even #4. So that is another thing to watch. The Bears-Packers game should be good but Chicago will win if Aaron Rodgers doesn't play. As for the Cowboys-Eagles game, it will be Philly winning. The only chance Dallas had was Tony Romo. This team has no defense. A terrible coach. Terrible GM/owner. Tony Romo was their only chance of winning against the Eagles and now he is out. Nick Foles has been on a FIRE this season and is playing a terrible defense. Philadelphia also has all the momentum.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pretty cool that two NFC divisional crowns come to a decisive game between the two teams gunning for the title.

I'lll take the Eagles and Packers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My heart obviously wants the Cowboys to win, but I think the Eagles will move on. Even though Dallas defense played great against Philadelphia in their first encounter of the season, I don't think they can duplicate that again. Also, with Orton at the helm, I don't have that much confidence. I imagine Murray will get touches early, and often.

None the less Go Cowboys!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bizzy said:
My heart obviously wants the Cowboys to win, but I think the Eagles will move on. Even though Dallas defense played great against Philadelphia in their first encounter of the season, I don't think they can duplicate that again. Also, with Orton at the helm, I don't have that much confidence. I imagine Murray will get touches early, and often.

None the less Go Cowboys!
Tony Romo is everyones whipping boy so what happens if they blow it and he's not the reason for it?

Or even weirder, they do win a big December game and he doesn't play... :lol:

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I am staying with the Bears. I think Rodgers will be rusty returning to a real game. Bears win.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think Rodgers will show any rust at all. He's been itching to play, but he wasn't cleared to do so. He was pretty adamant about it too, and supposedly pissed off because they wouldn't let him take the field. He still got his throws in. Yes, I know it's not like live action. But, he's been there before and he's arguably the best quarterback in the league, playing in a must-win game.

I want the Bears to win, but I think Packers win by at least 20 points.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
I don't think Rodgers will show any rust at all. He's been itching to play, but he wasn't cleared to do so. He was pretty adamant about it too, and supposedly pissed off because they wouldn't let him take the field. He still got his throws in. Yes, I know it's not like live action. But, he's been there before and he's arguably the best quarterback in the league, playing in a must-win game.

I want the Bears to win, but I think Packers win by at least 20 points.
At least 20 points? Wow. That's bold. I see it being closeuntil the 4th. Jay Cutler to Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery will be unstoppable in this one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 20
Babe_Ruth NFL 2
Babe_Ruth NFL 13
Babe_Ruth NFL 23
Babe_Ruth NFL 21