• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NFL Week 14 running thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Indianapolis at Cincinnati - battle of first-place teams

Detroit at Philadelphia - also a battle of first-place teams

Seattle at San Francisco- Seattle would just about lock up home field with a win. Kind of surprised they are an underdog at this point.

St. Louis at Arizona If Seattle wins, Arizona could tie San Francisco for 2nd with a win

And the Sunday-nighter should be a dandy:

Carolina at New Orleans Battle for first in NFC South

Monday night also has playoff implications:

Dallas at Chicago - Cowboys are tied for first, and Bears could be playing for first place if Detroit loses on Sunday

KempNotMerged

If I was to make picks:

Indianapolis over Cincinnati (Andrew Luck and the O-line must be more determined now after these last few weeks, but so are the Bengals, so it'll be close)

Detroit over Philadelphia (The Lions are just playing too damn good to lose to the Eagles. They will more than likely take the NFC North, of course my Bears aren't making it any more difficult for them and neither are the Packers)

Seattle over San Francisco (The Seahawks. That is all.)

Arizona over St. Louis (I think it'll be a close one, but the Cardinals defense seems to get better each week)

New Orleans over Carolina (Drew Brees & co. will bounce back after that debacle in Seattle. The Panthers are an impressive team and it'll be close, but I think Brees along with home field advantage will give the Saints the edge)

Chicago over Dallas (I don't think the Bears are Wild Card bound, but they may squeeze through this one. I won't bet against my team. If the Bears defense can wake up enough to stop Romo, they'll be fine.)

knickstape2107

Registered Member
What I am looking for is for Ike Taylor and the Steelers to SHUT Mike Wallace DOWN. Antonio Brown is WAY better and now it's time to show it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lions have benched their kicker because of the snow. They went for it on fourth-and-two from the 12, got the first down, scored, then went for two and made it too.

Liking it. For good weather too.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Redskins stadium is almost empty. Lol. Saw some pics on twitter. Crazy how empty it is. U gotta see it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This Lions-Eagles game is a riot. Detroit committed a penalty on the two-point try, so try decided to finally kick one. But Schwartz called timeout so all 11 players could clear a spot. Then the ball caught some snow on the snap, the holder bobbled it and the try was blocked.

Also the Eagles guy ran it back because he was unaware that the defense can't score on an NFL conversion attempt.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Crazy final play in Pittsburgh. I thought it was a touchdown but Brown stepped out. Couldnt believe it. So close. Making the playoffs is HIGHLY unlikely now. Need help plus need to win out and beat Cincy, Green Bay, and Cleveland.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Apparently, Gronkowski tore his ACL. Not good news for the Patriots.

Speaking of the Patriots that was a bullshit call on the pass interference. The Refs pretty much handed them the game with that call.

Watching the Mike Shanahan press conference today made me seriously think that he's doing absolutely everything to get fired by Dan Snyder. Seriously, I don't see what else could it be. I get that RGIII hasn't been the QB he was last year but it was YOUR fault he didn't get any offseason playing time because YOU didn't want him to play. And now, YOU want him to sit for the last 3 games of the season? Nothing against Kirk Cousins but Shanahan would make a huge disservice to him by sending him to the lions for the final 3 games. Cousins wouldn't be in there because he earned it but because the Shanahans are acting like idiots.

What happened to the Mike Shanahan who won the Super Bowl with the Broncos? Now, he seems to alienate EVERY freaking QB who plays for his team!

knickstape2107

Registered Member
It is not Shanahan's fault. It is RG3's. All on RG3 and Dan Snyder. If I were Shanahan, I'd start Kirk Cousins too instead of RG3. RG3 makes it all about him and not the team. HE is the reason they are losing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 20
Babe_Ruth NFL 8
Babe_Ruth NFL 2
Babe_Ruth NFL 13
Babe_Ruth NFL 21