NFL: Week 13

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Eli Manning won't be starting this upcoming Sunday. At least it's so they can look at someone with a bright future. Geno Smith.

210 straight starts, and it comes to this? Wow!

I've never been a fan of Eli or the Giants, but I definitely do feel bad that this is how it ends. He deserved better.

Geno Fucking Smith. Yikes.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm pretty sure Eli is not the big problem there. The coach is floundering.
Seconded.

Has he been good? No. Is he the problem? No.

It's not like the Giants were good with Beckham and Marshall, and those holes on the OL and at LB have been there a while. It's a team in need of a makeover.

Impaired

Registered Member
Seconded.

Has he been good? No. Is he the problem? No.

It's not like the Giants were good with Beckham and Marshall, and those holes on the OL and at LB have been there a while. It's a team in need of a makeover.
WHen players don't show for meetings and get suspended for attitude, you have a locker room problem that is probably rooted in management. Coaches first.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
And when the owner admittedly says that they mishandled the whole situation with Eli, it tells the whole story about this franchise.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kirk Cousins is, statistically speaking, one of the five best QBs in the league this year. That said, I don't know if Washington is ready to drop a five-year $100m contract in his lap after going another year without a playoff win. Maybe Cardinals, Bills, Broncos takes him on?

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
If the Giants had a stud backup QB, okay then, go for it. But Geno Smith? Wtf is going on?

As far as Cousins goes...he's gonna get paid. And Washington would be nuts to let him go.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Texans had fourth-and-four on their last gasp drive. Then they got called for false start 3 time in a row, so faced fourth-and-19.

And they made it.