NFL: Week 1

Unity

Thwip
Staff member
It's a great time to be a Chiefs fan haha. Not a great time to depend on Tom Brady in your fantasy matchup against @Doc, who also happens to have my boy Kareem Hunt on his team.

I've always said that Alex Smith is underrated, and he really showed what he could do this week. That being said, he also is definitely a game manager and it's tough to see him going deep into the playoffs. But I think he deserves to do so and hope that this is the year.

However, with Eric Berry out all year now, it's tough to see that happening. He played so so well on Thursday and is a cornerstone of our defense. Rumor has it that we'll be looking to sign a veteran.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's a great time to be a Chiefs fan haha. Not a great time to depend on Tom Brady in your fantasy matchup against @Doc, who also happens to have my boy Kareem Hunt on his team.
Funny enough, I was going to take Brady in the 1st.

Alex Smith is a good, solid QB and has been his whole career. It's a shame it took him so long to catch on with a team. The 49'ers wouldn't have dealt with half of the BS they've dealt with if they'd have kept Smith and built a team to his skillset.

Unity

Thwip
Staff member
Funny enough, I was going to take Brady in the 1st.

Alex Smith is a good, solid QB and has been his whole career. It's a shame it took him so long to catch on with a team. The 49'ers wouldn't have dealt with half of the BS they've dealt with if they'd have kept Smith and built a team to his skillset.
Yeah for sure. And besides San Fran not keeping Smith, I think he had a different OC every year there. Andy Reid and a mostly consistent staff in KC has really helped.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Should be interesting if Alex Smith will have a career year. He's never thrown more than twenty-three touchdowns in one season, and he already has four this year. Obviously, it was only one game, and I don't believe he'll keep playing like he did in week one, but he's playing for his job (technically) since the Chiefs did draft their future QB this year with the tenth pick, Patrick Mahomes II.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I find Alex Smith to be underrated too but he just isn't the type of player you want when you're tied late and have 1 minute to score with no timeouts. There are others I'd trust more but he can beat you with his feet too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Marshawn Lynch reminded us today that Beast-mode is not gone. Ran over a 300 lb lineman, damn.

Doc

V.I.P.
Doc's headlines on why this week was interesting:

Fuck the Patriots.

Sad day when Janikowski goes out with a back injury. 8 weeks minimum.

My Ravens shutout the Bengals. The defense looks great. Offense.. uh oh.

Damnit the Steelers won.

Been on the Alex Smith hype train from the beginning. I'm glad he found sustained success in the NFL. Damn near any team would be lucky to have him.

Wow, the Jets are bad.

Fuck the Patriots.

Doc

V.I.P.
Yeah for sure. And besides San Fran not keeping Smith, I think he had a different OC every year there. Andy Reid and a mostly consistent staff in KC has really helped.
The 49'ers are a classic example of how not having a consistent staff can really hurt you in the long run in the NFL. Hopefully they've corrected those mistakes with Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch. They had a huge loss of talent in 2014-2015, too.