NFL: Week 1

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Giants-Cowboys is another marquee matchup, along with Seattle-Green Bay.

Ravens-Bengals and Cardinals/Lions should be interesting.

Season is finally here, people. Cannot wait.

I am so friggin' happy that football is back.

I'll be looking forward to...

Pats vs. Chiefs
Raiders vs. Titans
Cards vs. Lions
Packers vs. Hawks
Vikings vs. Saints

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Elliott's 6-game ban upheld, but OK for Sunday

The arbitrator upheld the six-game suspension of Elliott, but he is eligible to play in the opener. According to this report, he's able to play to allow time for further "legal issues."
It's kind of a headscratcher to me though....why allow him to play Week 1 and then suspend him for the next 6 games? Is the NFL trying to pull some sort of stunt for his return? Who are the Cowboys playing once Zeke's suspension ends?

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It's kind of a headscratcher to me though....why allow him to play Week 1 and then suspend him for the next 6 games? Is the NFL trying to pull some sort of stunt for his return? Who are the Cowboys playing once Zeke's suspension ends?
It doesn't really make any sense from that point of view either. Their return game would have been @Redskins if the suspension started Week 1. Now it'll be vs Chiefs. Arguably returning against a divisional rival would be more interesting.

Who was the Eagles fan on the boards last year?

I'm excited to see the Eagles play. Didn't watch any preseason so hoping the receivers live up to the hype and the secondary isn't as trash as last year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe @Impaired is the Eagles fan, correct?

This sucks, was really looking forward to see him play - Browns Myles Garrett suffers high ankle sprain, will likely miss weeks.