• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NFL Week 1: Running thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can't believe that the NFL season is just around the corner. Even though Tony Romo is injured, I'm excited for the Cowboys game vs. the Giants Sunday afternoon. Excited to see what Elliott can do out there on an NFL field.

Anyone else excited for the season to begin?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Never thought I'd say it after the depressing start to 2016 for us NFL fans in St. Louis, but I can't freaking wait.

I'm hoping they show the Chiefs vs. Chargers in St. Louis next week, obviously - I'm thinking they'll be showing them most Sundays here, or at least crossing my fingers. The Bucs play at noon as well, but I'm not sure if we'd get both games simultaneously. With the Lambs, they'd only show their game and have an infomercial on the other channel if I remember correctly.

I'd love it if the Cowboys game is on at 3:00, as well. Really looking forward to see how Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott can do on the big stage.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am excited but this is the least excited I've been to a start of the NFL season since the Rams came to St Louis.

Impaired

Registered Member
Well as an Eagles fan (not one of the a-holes) this season just look a huge left turn into Whaaaaa??????

We draft our mediocre starting QB to the Vikings and redeem the draft coming to Philly by getting a first round pick back.

For Badford?

I'm stunned. They just announced we're starting our first round pick, Carson Wentz.

However, as usual, the NFC East is any team's to win. Realistically, 8-8 would make me happy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally, I think the Jaguars have a real chance to make the playoffs this season. I think they'll give the Packers their money's worth.

Also, remember everyone, Cam Newton should be out of the league by now, too./sarcasm

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think the Jaguars will improve a decent amount this year, but I'm not sure about playoffs just yet. Maybe? Their division has a lot of question marks. Even though the Jags are probably my least favorite team in that division, I really like Bortles and respect his eagerness to learn and improve himself. They've got some good talent on that team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I feel a little bad for Wentz.. They'd better run the damn ball and not get him killed, or Philly fans will turn on him and never go back.

@Impact

Impaired

Registered Member
Well the Eagles o-line has been crap - I am hoping for better but not holding my breath.

About half the Philly fans will turn if he loses the Browns game.

Lots of fickle, fair weather tool bags in the fan base, sad to say.

Impact

V.I.P.
Wait...another Eagles fan! Sweet

I'm not sure how to feel about the Bradford trade or starting Wentz.

Initial thoughts were...meh, it's Bradford and we get a first round pick back next year. I thought they'd start Chase Daniel a couple games just because Wentz has seen so little playing time but they're just throwing him straight in there. I get it I guess, we drafted him to be the starting QB. Can't be any worse than watching Sanchez start!

The O-Line situation could get a whole lot worse depending on the Lane Johnson pending suspension. What the hell is going on with that anyway?

Realistically, i'll be happy if we go 8-8. And i'll be rooting for the Vikings to suck this year so we get a better first round pick next year.

Either way, I am pumped that football is back!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 8
Babe_Ruth NFL 2
Babe_Ruth NFL 13
Babe_Ruth NFL 23
Babe_Ruth NFL 21