• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NFL to hire Sarah Thomas as first female game official

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I just wonder how this is gonna go over in the male dominated sport, basketball is a different league with Becky Harmon as the assistant coach but will a female official last in the NFL?

Bruce Arians has said over the weekend I believe, that he could see someday a female NFL coach so the fact that a coach goes out of his way to make that statement makes me think that the hiring of Sarah Thomas isn't seen badly. In the end, it comes down to if she's good at her job and being held to the same standard that her male colleagues.

I would see much more uproar in baseball, a very conservative sport, if they were to hire a female umpire or a woman in a team's training staff. Otherwise, I believe that women are somewhat well perceived in major sports.