NFL Players Taking a Knee During National Anthem

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you think of the NFL players and teams that are taking knees during the national anthem? Many are boycotting the NFL over this and ratings have been dropping.

Does it make you want to watch less football or does it not bother you?

Impaired

Registered Member
I applaud a free society where people can make such choices.

I was in the military. Pretty sure this is what we are supposed to defend.

Freedom. Freedom of speech.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I remember a long time ago, last week, when we could watch non-politicized football. Unless you were watching certain ESPN shows that is.
Yeah, those days are gone forever.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm absolutely for it. The First Amendment of your Constitution entitles you to express your opinion.

The sad part is that your Commanturd-In-Chief has no grasp whatsoever of how it seemingly works. If he can say & do whatever he wants, so are his constituents. Remember that when the time comes for reelection in 2020. Hell, in your mid-term aswell.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I were a fan it would piss me off. All I see is a bunch of millionaires out there acting like fools disrespecting this country.

If they can do this what was so wrong about putting a tiny little emblem on their helmets to support the police that were killed in Dallas or wearing cleats to support breast cancer awareness.

NFL denies Cowboys' request to wear decal honoring fallen Dallas officers

Reminder: NFL Issued Fines Over Cleats Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I respect Kaepernick for having the courage of his convictions/

A lot like I always respected Ali for having the guts to put his boxing career on the line(even though I was not born at the time it happened).

I respect the hell out of these players for taking a stand.

Impaired

Registered Member
If I were a fan it would piss me off. All I see is a bunch of millionaires out there acting like fools disrespecting this country.

If they can do this what was so wrong about putting a tiny little emblem on their helmets to support the police that were killed in Dallas or wearing cleats to support breast cancer awareness.

NFL denies Cowboys' request to wear decal honoring fallen Dallas officers

Reminder: NFL Issued Fines Over Cleats Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness
Why is peaceful protest "acting like fools" and disrespecting the country?

What I find shameful is the president's stance. He was for peaceful protest when Obama was in office. What changed?

The confederate flag DISRESPECTS the US flag. The Nazi flag DISRESPECTS the US flag.

These flags went to war with the US flag and MILLIONS died defending freedom from those flags.

Talk about disrespect.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why is peaceful protest "acting like fools" and disrespecting the country?

What I find shameful is the president's stance. He was for peaceful protest when Obama was in office. What changed?

The confederate flag DISRESPECTS the US flag. The Nazi flag DISRESPECTS the US flag.

These flags went to war with the US flag and MILLIONS died defending freedom from those flags.

Talk about disrespect.
People need to peacefully protest on their own time. All the NFL is doing is alienating half of their fans.

Yes millions did die defending the US from Nazis and to keep this country together during the civil war so why would some bonehead athlete disrespect our country and the men and women that died for it this way.