NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL' started by TDG1987, Feb 24, 2007.

1. TDG1987

TDG1987 Registered Member

Hey let's get some draft discussion going on in here. What does your team need to focus on in the draft? What guys do you like or dislike? Who do you think is underrated and overrated? What do the players from your favorite college look like?

Well I'm a Lions fan and it's obvious that they need a lot of help. It looks like they're gonna take Joe Thomas with the #2 pick, which I would agree with. Detroit couldn't run the ball all that well and Kitna was sacked 50-60 times this past season. Good left tackles are hard to find these days and I really like what Thomas brings to the table. I think they should draft a pass-rushing DE in the 2nd round and get either a RB (because of Kevin Jones' injury) or a MLB in the 3rd. The Lions also could use a DB, a true #2 WR so that Furrey can play the slot, and possibly a guard.

As far as Michigan players in the draft go, a couple are kinda slipping such as Leon Hall and LaMarr Woodley. Hall didn't play particulary well against Ginn and Jarrett and didn't have a great Senior Bowl. Woodley also didn't do that well in the Senior Bowl. Alan Branch looks like he's gonna be a stud at DT. He should be a top 10 pick. David Harris will be a solid pick at MLB in the 2nd-3rd round.

There are other players from the state of Michigan who should go early. Drew Stanton from MSU is a player I really enjoyed watching even though I was a UM fan. He probably has the best measurables of any QB other than Russell. Dan Bauzin at DE and Joe Staley at OT from Central Michigan should be early round picks too. Staley is 6'5" 300 pounds and runs a 4.7 40!!! He came into college as a TE and former track star. He probably has as much upside as any lineman in the draft.

2. Don't you think its kinda early to bring this up?

3. TDG1987

TDG1987 Registered Member

Well I see draft coverage all over ESPN, other message boards, internet sites, and a bunch of other places. The draft is a pretty popular thing amongst sports fans. The combine is going on right now. Besides, there isn't much else to talk about in football. I don't think it's too early at all.

4. It's called taking a break.

Football is officially a 12 month long sport...

5. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I just hope Brady Quinn drops to the 9th spot so the Dolphins can draft him.

6. Corona

Corona Registered Member

The draft violates our constitutional rights.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's a lot of Mock Drafts out there and the ninth position belongs to the Dolphins and everytime I look at the name beside the team, it always says Brady Quinn, so you might get what you want Fresh. I believe that Russell will be first overall, and if the Oakland don't draft him then there stupid, he might take a while to develop into a star in this league, but he has so much potential, and he has a crazy arm. He can throw a ball from his knees at the 50 yard line to the end zone that is crazy.

8. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 40 yard dash today at the combine. That's crazy. It looks like he's as good as advertised, and good enough to be the top pick.

However, the Raiders seem smart enough not to take him, they have to go with Russell. And the Lions have other needs (but Millen is clinically retarded, so you never know). And Cleveland just wasted a top-five pick on Braylon Edwards, who has sort of been a bust, so I doubt they'll spend another one on a WR. So he might fall as far as Tampa Bay...

I'm more interested to see who's the one smart enough to get Joe Thomas.

9. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Isnt Joe Thomas predicted to get drafted by the Lions. Cavin Johnson reminds me of Randy Moss when he came out of Marshall great hands, tall, and really fast, depending on what team drafts he could make a bid for rookie of the year.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Johnson is a great prospect, but I don't think that the Raiders will draft him, because they need a quarterback, and looks like Russell is going to be that QB. The Raiders already have a great receive in Moss, and yes Johnson would be a great addition but they need someone to pass the ball to Moss, because he has been the same since leaving the Vikings. Russell reminds me of Culpepper a bit. I think that the 40 yard dash is a little bit overrated, even though people can run it in so little time doesn't mean that they're great receivers.