NFL coaching thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jeff Fisher was fired yesterday.

Kroenke will break any salary record you can find if it means getting the right coach for the new stadium. Names like Gruden, Shanahan, Harbaugh have been thrown as possible replacements.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'd be honestly shocked if Jon Gruden leaves the Monday Night Football position to coach in LA. I'm pretty sure he turned down better gigs than the Rams to stay there so I'm not holding my breath about that.

Mike Shanahan on the other hand, that I wouldn't be surprised to see him land in LA.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.

But on a serious note, I love how quickly coaches are tossed and replaced. How is any team supposed to succeed if their coaches are changed so constantly?

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jeff Fisher is one delusional son of a bitch...I wish he wasn't fired though so he coulda set the record as the biggest loser of all the times

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, the Jags head coach also got canned today and if I'm not mistaken, he had the worst winning percentage of all active head coaches before getting fired (14-48 I believe).

And Rex Ryan will also get the boot from the Bills at the end of the season. Offseason will sure be interesting!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can't blame the Jaguars for firing Bradley, especially after that mess yesterday.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm thinking that the Bills will try to go to a complete overhaul with the coaching change and such. Even heard some rumors that they'll dump Tyrod Taylor in the offseason. Looks to be the direction they're going knowing that EJ Manuel is starting the season finale vs the Jets on Sunday.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Regarding Manuel starting, If Taylor gets hurt, Bills on the hook for a $16M bonus and $30M in guaranteed money. The owners of the Bills don't want to take that risk.