• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NFL Coaching - Firing/Hiring

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We'll use to this thread to talk about NFL coaches getting canned or hired.

The Eagles are not wasting any time. They have fired Andy Reid.

Sources: Reid is fired as Eagles head coach

Not really surprised. Should be interesting to see how long before he gets another coaching position. Does he finally take the time off to be with his family?

BigBob

Registered Member
Andy Reid has spent the last week putting together a coaching staff for wherever he goes, so I highly doubt he'll be taking any time off.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

BigBob

Registered Member
Lovie Smith is out in Chicago, as reported by Shefter.

UPDATE: It is done: Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports that Smith is out. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that the Bears have already sent out consent forms asking permission to speak with other team's coordinators regarding the opening.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not really surprised. All fingers were pointing that they were going to give him the job.

Should be interesting to see how he does. He has a good running back in Jamaal Charles, but we all know that he's more of a passing type of coach. And, we all know that there's no legit quarterback in KC.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not surprised either. We'll see how he handles the QB situation, as BR said they don't have a legit QB there. I've always kind of liked Brady Quinn and was hoping he'd pan out in the NFL. He seems like a serviceable backup but not someone who can be your everyday starter.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I had hoped Brady Quinn would do better in the NFL but KC really needs someone new. I hope that this is the beginning of a turnaround for them somewhat but I'm not holding my breath.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BorshaBowmik NFL 5
Konshentz NFL 11
Millz NFL 14
Babe_Ruth NFL 14
K NFL 28