• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Poll Next WWE Breakout Star (2012)

2012 breakout star?

• Zack Ryder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ted DiBiase

• Alex Riley

• Drew McIntyre

• Brodus Clay

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Previous winners...

2009: John Morrison
2010: Alberto Del Rio

I think we nailed Del Rio for 2011 so let's discuss who is going to be that next big thing in 2012 in the WWE. Here are some choices that I came up with but feel free to choose other and select why or who you think should be noticed...

Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder
Ted DiBiase
Alex Riley
Drew McIntyre
Brodus Clay

Please give a specific reason why you picked who you picked. What do you think you'll see from them in 2012 as far as title wins, main eventing etc.

Please keep in mind this is for breaking out as a true fire main eventer. Someone like Seth Rollins might break out next year but probably not on the main event scene.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Cody Rhodes.

While this is a two-horse race between Rhodes and Ziggler, I believe Rhodes has the brighter future because we honestly haven't seen Ziggler as of late, teased as a heel without Vickie. Rhodes, on the other hand, can truly carry his own, and will have a HUGE 2012. He makes for the perfect fall champion, and I see him doing just that... taking one of the two major championships this fall.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ziggler (He's worked his ass off, and I definitely see him main eventing more often in the future). I know, big shocker lol. I'm a huge Ziggler fan and I believe 2012 will be really bright for him and he'll be holding the World Title, and I wouldn't be surprised if he won the Royal Rumble.

Rhodes and Barrett are a close second.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man this is a really REALLY REALLY tough call. I think Bryan will be there but he's already the World Champion so it might not be right to have him on there.

It's down to Rhodes, Ziggler and Barrett for me. I think Wade and Dolph are further along so I am going to say Dolph Ziggler here. I think his main event run has started already and will ultimately do more this year.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Cody Rhodes is one of my favorites in the business (maybe my personal favorite aside from Punk/Orton who are always at the top)...however, based on Dolph Ziggler's development in the last year or two vs. Cody's, I think that Dolph is going to be in the main event title hunt sooner. I think that he's going to have a really big year, I could even see him winning the Rumble. If I'm wrong and it is Rhodes, I'll be happy. But for now, my money's on Dolph. He made the U.S. Title look great and he's at the level of experience where him losing it isn't a bad thing...that's go to say something for 2012.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Originally when i saw this award name, i thought Ryder. Purely because he's made the most progress this year going from complete jobber to very upper midcard star, and the way he did it was amazing. However, if we're voting for who's gonna be the next big thing in 2012 - it has to be Ziggler. He IS the total package, and as natural a superstar as anybody else in the company. Also, speaking of Ryder, Ziggler's heel promos on Z!TLIS were amazing. Once he dumps Vicki, who has done nothing but hold him back in my opinion, he'll be a top star.

If i was picking from all of wrestling in 2011, i'd probably still vote Ziggler. If i was talking about success as being relative to the wrestler's promotion, i'd vote Kevin Steen, as Steen winning the ROH Title is a SURE thing in 2012, and it's gonna be a long reign! But Ziggler will obviously be the bigger star in the grand scheme of things.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I chose Wade Barrett for the... obvious reason, of course. But putting my incredible biased-ness aside, he has actually made a lot of progress. His mic skills are superb, and they only seem to get better each time. Plus, he's improved alot in the ring as well, compared to how he was in 2010.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely hard to deny that possibly all three of the choices made so far will break out in 2012.

Ziggler is already getting a PPV title match and Barrett and Rhodes are obviously well on their way. Will be fun to watch.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Cody continues to grow into coveted maidenhead - er, I mean mainerhood. Despite a lingering impression of boyishness, he has the legacy pedigree that opens doors and he does the work to deserve it. My sister, a longtime WWE watcher, raves about the improvement in his acting. She's convinced that he's doing a lot of 'mirror work,' an entertainers' exercise that would be another sign he's serious about carrying the torch. And is there any doubt that he's beefing up without the benefit of steroids? His mind is clearly focused on his goals, which is a win for us fans.

To me, he's already a better all-around package than someone like A.J. Styles, who gets hyped a hell of a lot more. Nemeth, oh, probably; Barrett, well, maybe; but Cody Rhodes, fookin definitely expect to see him join the top tier in the very near future, and stay there.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Poll closed and the winner for the next WWE breakout star (for 2012) is...

Dolph Ziggler...

Last year GF predicted Alberto Del Rio and we were spot on. This year we're going with Ziggler. He's got all the tools it takes and it really seems like the WWE is ready to push him to the main event. We shall see if we got this one right.