• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Next step for the IC Title

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
In my humble opinion, they have a great opportunity with Kofi Kingston as the IC champion on RAW. Just winning the belt gives him a great rub. At the next big PPV, I think Lance Cade should win the title from Kofi and get a nice long run as IC champ. It's time for them to give him a push. Jericho doesn't need the title; he's already a main eventer and his feud with HBK is fine as a standalone.

Thoughts? Anyone else you'd rather see as IC champ in the near future?

viLky

ykLiv
How long till Rey Mysterio gets the call to wrestle?

Hmm... let's see who else would be a good feud for Kofi.

There is always a Deuce vs Kofi feud once they decide what to do with Deuce. :eek:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
How long till Rey Mysterio gets the call to wrestle?

Hmm... let's see who else would be a good feud for Kofi.

There is always a Deuce vs Kofi feud once they decide what to do with Deuce. :eek:
That would be a good place for Deuce, IF he makes himself more prominent first with another feud or two at the mid card level.

viLky

ykLiv
Yeah, you're right. He hadn't had much time - none at all, really - to prove him self as a good singles competitor. Give him a couple of solo single matches first will be a good idea.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yeah, you're right. He hadn't had much time - none at all, really - to prove him self as a good singles competitor. Give him a couple of solo single matches first will be a good idea.
He'd be a good opponent for Kofi to beat at this point, but not a legit contender.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I knew that Kofi wouldn't be a jobber on Raw and I'm very happy that he won the IC title, but with that being said hopefully they use him and the belt properly. Hopefully he can defend it every week and not ever three weeks like the last few title holders have done.

I'm very happy for him and hopefully he gets a long run.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
First off I am going to pretend I didnt read that Cade should get the IC title for a long run, the douche needs a pink slip and a map to the door.

To me the IC title has lost all the glory it once had, that would be the stepping stone to getting you to a main event and shot at the world title. The days of The Honky Tonk Man and others that held the title when it had some significance to holding that belt, now its just a belt to throw around on whichever chump they want to try and give a push to.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Mysterio/Kingston feud? I know he's into it with Santino right now but I see Mysterio winning or competing for the IC title soon.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looks like Paul Burchill is next in line after last night's developments.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
First off I am going to pretend I didnt read that Cade should get the IC title for a long run, the douche needs a pink slip and a map to the door.

To me the IC title has lost all the glory it once had, that would be the stepping stone to getting you to a main event and shot at the world title. The days of The Honky Tonk Man and others that held the title when it had some significance to holding that belt, now its just a belt to throw around on whichever chump they want to try and give a push to.
I can understand you not being a fan of Cade, but he's been around for a very long time and has been working hard in tag teams for years. He always makes a solid showing in the ring. What makes you think he should be fired, specifically? What makes the Honky Tonk Man better than Lance Cade, besides the fact that he's from the 90s and had a long push? It's easy to trash the current roster, but I try to realize their strengths.

Looks like Paul Burchill is next in line after last night's developments.
This is good for Burchill, and will be a good and easy first defense for Kofi. I still want Cade to win it from him eventually, and I think that after Burchill it would be good for Kingston to successfully defend against a big name such as Mysterio, etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mirage Bathroom Wall 8
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
Dr4gon Technology 3
English-Emo-Boy Video Games 3
EndWinterRomance Dating & Relationships 8