• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multi-Console Next Gen Consoles

BigBob

Registered Member
I've never been married to one company, but once the current gen hit, I stuck with Sony and if I do buy a next-gen console, it'll be the PS4.

I've got a PS2 and Xbox (IMO, the Xbox was the better console), I've got a PS3 and a 360 (IMO, the PS3 was by far the better console). I have no doubt though that the PS4 will be better than the 720. Even my friends who are 360 lovers, PS3 haters because that's just the cool thing to do are switching to the PS4.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I think it's too early to judge since XBOX has hardly released any info yet, but if they do go ahead with this nonsense of blocking offline play and used games then I think a lot of 360 fans will be converting to PS4. Microsoft are sort of shooting themselves in the foot if they go ahead with that crap.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The odd thing is I have no specific allegiance to Microsoft as such. I was a Sony fan for a very long time, I then made the switch to the Xbox and I never looked back but I cannot say why. For me it comes down to the price, I have never been bothered about exclusives as such, for me the biggest game I have played is MW3, I have become and am obsessed with it.

If sony or microsoft bring the PS4 or Xbox720 out around the 300 pounds mark I will buy it, if they want over 400 they can forget it, I am simply not willing to pay that much money for a console anymore.
------
I think it's too early to judge since XBOX has hardly released any info yet, but if they do go ahead with this nonsense of blocking offline play and used games then I think a lot of 360 fans will be converting to PS4. Microsoft are sort of shooting themselves in the foot if they go ahead with that crap.
The things is though is used games already happens on the PC from people like steam and it doesn't seem to have hurt them. In the world we live in you are no longer buying a game any more you are buying a license and that is a huge difference.

As for offline play I don't see how this can be feasible and agree Crou if MSoft this it would be very silly indeed, as others have said not everyone has fast broadband so it would be a mistake, online play may be a big deal but MS need to realize not everyone can do it.

That being said look at EA, they have done with Sim City so who knows what will come next.

Last edited: