• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

News Report: God has two thumbs

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
(CNN) -- A man in northern Idaho says he has seen a massive hand of God in his life, and he is willing to share it with the highest bidder.

Paul Grayhek, 52, listed the rock formation he dubbed the "Hand of God Rock Wall" on the online auction Web site eBay. The highest bid was $250 early Sunday, with three days left to go in the auction.

The hand-like formation, approximately 9 feet tall and 4 feet wide, appeared in Grayhek's backyard after a rockfall during Lent on March 8, he said.

The Coeur d'Alene resident said he faced tough times after losing his job, and believed the rock was a sign.

"I prayed between licking my wounds and looking for a job," he said. "We rarely get rockfalls and this formation is 20 feet from my house. It's definitely a symbol of the hand of God in my life."

However, the winning bidder on eBay should not start clearing out his backyard. Grayhek is not planning to part with the formation.

The buyer will "basically be buying the rights, complete and exclusive rights" to the rock, including literary and movie rights, according to Grayhek.
'Hand of God' rock being sold on eBay - CNN.com

Like the title suggests, it's stuff like this that give religious people a bad name and I honestly feel for them when crap like this hits the news. Seriously, movie rights? Who the hell would care about a movie about some jobless guy who is cracked enough to think god is talking to him through rocks?

Not to mention, anyone else noticed the second thumb? I don't know if this guy either skipped anatomy class or if he just hasn't looked at his own hands in a while, but there are usually five fingers.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Religion doesn't make people go stupid; people make people go stupid.

When many people decide they're going to believe in something, regardless how crazy or idiotic it is, they are damn well going to believe it at all costs - First they'll try to make a reasonable argument for it. Then they'll try to discredit the opposition. Then they'll personally insult the opposition. Then, out of desperation, they'll shout "You're too stupid to understand," and leave. Finally, they'll make a mob and slaughter the opposition in whatever torturous manner suits, knowing in their hearts they were right all along now that the opposition is dead.

Just look at politics.

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
To be fair, most people have two thumbs, Cons. How did you overlook such an obvious error in your logic? :lol:

Seriously though, count your thumbs and get back to us.

Nibbles

meep
This guy had hit rock bottom in his life and prayed to God for advice. Being desperate he believed the impression to be a sign. I wouldn't say he's a religious nut because of it, just his current state of mind.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Assuming it's really a sign from God, I wonder what message he thought it was saying. I've already seen a lot of holy objects on ebay. Selling them there just make me doubt it more. I'm still amazed that people actually buy them.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap?

Seriously, I can't believe this guy actually thinks that God, should He/She/It exist, cares enough to send this guy monetary relief in the form of an ebay sale. :-/ I mean, why not go whole hog and just claim to be Jesus? :shake:

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I love how the guy is selling the rock, but yet he's not selling it. He's only selling the idea of the rock. I'm sorry but what Schmuck wants to buy a rock they cant even have? It'd be one thing to spend 500 bucks on some giant rock to stick in your front yard... but 250 to just say you have the rights to some rock in a dudes back yard?

I mean seriously, who's to say it even exists if the guy isnt willing to part with it.

This sort of inspires me to sell "the smell of gods fart" on ebay.... I captured it the other day as I was walking through a wheat field just adjacent to a baseball diamond. As the whispering winds wicked up the wheat, I smelt an odor not of this world. So I snagged up my trusty mason jar and captured it!

Who's willing to start the bidding! I have a buy now for $15,000.00!