• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

News on the refugee situation in Germany

Sim

Registered Member
There is still a constant stream of refugees to Germany, approx. 10,000 per day. Although some measures are being debated, Merkel has not changed her stance on accepting refugees so far.

Public opinion is increasingly divided, the number of skeptics is rising.

According to a new poll, 33% of the Germans are so angered at Merkel that they want her resignation over the refugee crisis; 52% support her. Merkel gets most support from supporters of her center-right Christian Democrats (CDU - 77%) and the opposition Green Party (63%). Although there are much fewer refugees and foreigners in general in former East Germany, opposition to Merkel is considerably higher here: 38% of the East Germans want Merkel to resign.

No surprise: 86% of the supporters of the right-wing populist AfD want Merkel to resign.

FOCUS Online: New polls

Even before the refugee crisis got public attention, the weekly PEGIDA rallys in the East German city of Dresden, capital of Saxony, which is a hotbed of far-right opinions (one out of five voters is willing to vote for far-right and even neo-Nazi parties here), stirred some attention in winter 2014. These PEGIDA ("Patriotic Europeans against Islamization of the Occident") rallys drew dozens of thousands of people on their peak; lately, there are still up to 10,000 going on the streets every week.

They have now crossed a line: Last week, participants openly called for the murder of Chancellor Merkel and Vice Chancellor Gabriel.

They showed garrows with notes reading "reserved for Siegmar [sic] Gabriel" and "Angela 'mommy' Merkel".

The prosecution of the city of Dresden has started investigations; the people responsible could face up to 5 years in prison for the call for capital crimes. The mainstream media is somewhat outraged about the brutalization of these protests, and mocks those responsible for a wrong spelling of Sigmar Gabriel's first name. Without doubt, the right-wingers will consider this another proof for the bias of the "Lügenpresse" ("lying press").

Several politicians from the governing parties, center-right CDU and center-left SPD, expressed concern; Merkel herself remains relaxed, she said "the prosecution is doing their job and that's all we're going to do for now".

http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/2015-10/merkel-gabriel-pegida-galgen

In the meantime, the refugee crisis has a visible impact on opinion polls regarding the support for the different parties:

Merkel's center-right CDU/CSU has lost up to 4%-5% support and is now down to 37%-38% of the votes. That's their worst result in years.

Her junior partner, Sigmar Gabriel's center-left SPD, keeps stagnating on a low level (around 24%-25% of the votes).

The anti-Islam, anti-refugee right-wing party AfD, on the other side, has almost doubled its support and is now polled at 6%-7.5% of the votes. If this trend persists until the next election (scheduled for September 2017), it would be the first time since 1953 that a party even further to the right than Merkel's CDU/CSU enters the federal parliament.

Polls: Party support in Germany

Yesterday, an orator at the weekly anti-refugee "PEGIDA" rally in Dresden caused an eclat.

Akif Pirincci, ironically a Turkish-German far-right hate preacher infamous for his rants filled with scatology and his mission to prevent a "gayification", "womanification" and "islamization" of Germany, has crossed a line by saying on the topic of refugees:

"There would be alternatives. But unfortunately, the concentration camps are no longer in use".

"German anti-foreigner movement rocked by fresh scandal"

Here some more information on Pirincci, including some highlights from his rants:

Wikipedia on Akif Pirincci

Here some quotes:

At the anniversary of the Pegida protests in Dresden on 19 October 2015, Pirinçci was invited as keynote speaker. He lamented that the concentration camps were closed ("KZs sind ja leider derzeit außer Betrieb")[2][3] and accused German politicians of being "Gauleiter against their own people", called Germany a "shit state" ("Scheißstaat") and female asylum seekers "fugitive whores" ("flüchtende Schlampen"). Further, according to Pirinçci, Muslims want to "pump infidels full of their Muslim juice" ("Ungläubige mit ihrem Moslemsaft vollpumpen") and Germany awaits a "Muslim garbage dump" ("Moslemmüllhalde"). He called the German Green Party a "Party of child fuckers" ("Kinderfickerpartei"), and the spokesperson for the mosque in Erfurt a "Muslim freak with a Taliban beard" ("Moslemfritzen mit Talibanbart"), who had as much to do with German culture as "my asshole with the production of perfume" ("wie mein Arschloch mit Parfümherstellung")

A lawsuit was filed against Pirincci for "Incitement of the People". This crime can be punished with up to five years in prison.

Even Lutz Bachmann, organizer of the anti-refugee PEGIDA rallys, apologized for Pirincci's comments and called his invitation "a mistake".

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe in people's opinions being heard even if I don't like them but calling for someones death is too much. Then that Pirincci, gee can't you speak out against something without being so insulting, the man is mental.

If I lived in Germany I wouldn't be happy about getting as many as you have been. If Germany keeps getting them at the rate they have been I think Merkel will lose more support. You might even see more people protesting or joining these far right groups that normally wouldn't.

Reactions: Sim

Sim

Registered Member
I believe in people's opinions being heard even if I don't like them but calling for someones death is too much. Then that Pirincci, gee can't you speak out against something without being so insulting, the man is mental.

If I lived in Germany I wouldn't be happy about getting as many as you have been. If Germany keeps getting them at the rate they have been I think Merkel will lose more support. You might even see more people protesting or joining these far right groups that normally wouldn't.
Yes, I agree with you. The situation is so serious at the moment, it's very importants sceptics have a voice and are heard, too.

And mentals like Pirincci or neo-Nazis shouldn't be the only people you can turn to, when you are sceptic or have concerns.

That's a problem I'm seeing at the moment: Merkel is from the major center-right party, but it's her who started this policy. And all the other parties in the federal parliament more or less support her, at least her general course.

But this problem is so important, the situation so serious that we bitterly need a "loyal opposition". I mean an opposition that doesn't consist of fanatics, radicals or mentals. Someone you can vote for when you disagree with the government, without running the risk of voting for grade-a nuts.

The right-wing party AfD may play that role in the future. But it's a newcoming party, it was founded less than two years ago, and is not present in the federal parliament yet (only in five state parliaments). And I'm not so sure about their politicians... some are probably good people, but I'm sure that party has also attracted many nuts, and they all lack experience.

At least people in the state of Bavaria have the option of voting for their major party CSU (that's the sister party of Merkel's CDU, which exists in that state only). CSU chairman and Prime Minister of Bavaria, Horst Seehofer, has become a kind of "opposition within the government", despite his party's close ties to Merkel's CDU. But in all other states, his party is not running.

It's weird in Germany -- many people feel you cannot tell anymore what "left" and "right" is. You vote right and get Merkel -- and she starts a "left-wing" policy on immigrants and refugees. Before her, Chancellor Schröder from the "left" conducted "right-wing" policies by reforming unemployment support, cutting worker rights and cutting taxes for the rich.

A conservative friend of mine jokingly said, you have to vote left to get right-wing policies and vice versa, these days. ;)

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Its the same in the US. Everybody says theres no real left or right - just one agenda that both parties mostly follow.
But I totally didnt expect so much strong opposition to the migrants this soon. Not good and it will probaly get even worse before spring. As more migrants flood in even more people will start objecting. And if theres violence then the migrants may want revenge.

But Merkel isnt worried so maybe she has a plan for controlling all that stuff. Im interesting to see what happens next.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, I agree with you. The situation is so serious at the moment, it's very importants sceptics have a voice and are heard, too.

And mentals like Pirincci or neo-Nazis shouldn't be the only people you can turn to, when you are sceptic or have concerns.

That's a problem I'm seeing at the moment: Merkel is from the major center-right party, but it's her who started this policy. And all the other parties in the federal parliament more or less support her, at least her general course.

But this problem is so important, the situation so serious that we bitterly need a "loyal opposition". I mean an opposition that doesn't consist of fanatics, radicals or mentals. Someone you can vote for when you disagree with the government, without running the risk of voting for grade-a nuts.

The right-wing party AfD may play that role in the future. But it's a newcoming party, it was founded less than two years ago, and is not present in the federal parliament yet (only in five state parliaments). And I'm not so sure about their politicians... some are probably good people, but I'm sure that party has also attracted many nuts, and they all lack experience.

At least people in the state of Bavaria have the option of voting for their major party CSU (that's the sister party of Merkel's CDU, which exists in that state only). CSU chairman and Prime Minister of Bavaria, Horst Seehofer, has become a kind of "opposition within the government", despite his party's close ties to Merkel's CDU. But in all other states, his party is not running.

It's weird in Germany -- many people feel you cannot tell anymore what "left" and "right" is. You vote right and get Merkel -- and she starts a "left-wing" policy on immigrants and refugees. Before her, Chancellor Schröder from the "left" conducted "right-wing" policies by reforming unemployment support, cutting worker rights and cutting taxes for the rich.

A conservative friend of mine jokingly said, you have to vote left to get right-wing policies and vice versa, these days. ;)
As someone that would be against taking so many refugees I still couldn't support a party that I thought would line them up and shoot them if they could nor someone that would let them all stay. I would want them deported, or most, in a orderly fashion and not be harmed. Well unless you need to defend yourself. Sounds like someone like me wouldn't have anyone to aline myself with in Germany.

I bet there are people just like me in Germany and some out of frustration over this could end up supporting someone that might not under normal conditions. Often that is how nut jobs get elected.

I also have the same problem here, our politicians are either too far to the right or left for me to really get behind them. Filled out a questionnaire a couple of times and most of my views are center of the road. I guess that is why I have such a hard time getting behind most candidates.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Смысловые Галлюцинации - Розовые Очки. Да? Да. :( But when you lose the pink glasses then the sky is really black and the air is too thin. Its not the same planet.

Petra Laszlo wants to move to Russia to be safe? Russia doesnt accept far-right extremists and Russians love their kids. Even if she could get in then Cossacks and Russians would take her out!
As for me I will sign any petition to ban her from entering Russia!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ping-refugees-to-sue_56270db0e4b02f6a900e9c68

The migrant crisis is a serious issue that has to be addressed but not with violence. But atm Im not wearing the pink glasses so I know it will only get worse.
What do I think? I totally agree with what President Putin said about migrants.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't believe she has the balls to sue him after tripping him. All caught on video so it doesn't matter what he told police.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I can't believe she has the balls to sue him after tripping him. All caught on video so it doesn't matter what he told police.
It happened so fast. The migrant probaly didnt even know who tripped him up. She claims that she didnt know he had a kid. Well she should have looked.
The migrant didnt obey the police so yeah he was wrong but thats the job for the police NOT her. Journalists report the news. Its not their job to fight.

I get why the news service fired her. They are trying to defend their agenda not hurt people and what she did only makes it look bad. And that news service obviously doesnt support extremism. Props for that. :)

Also she claims that the migrant she tripped up is a member of al-Nursa. If thats true then how is she still alive? Terrorists wouldnt let that happen without revenge.

Back to the OP. Theres tons of strong reactions in Germany but its still way too early to know how bad it will be by next summer. And the migrants are still growing in Germany. It could lead to a serious new crisis there with tons of new violence.

The migrants have serious problems but Merkel is wearing the pink glasses. She will probaly be very surprised when she has to remove them and see the reality she is ignoring atm.

Sim

Registered Member
Смысловые Галлюцинации - Розовые Очки. Да? Да. :( But when you lose the pink glasses then the sky is really black and the air is too thin. Its not the same planet.

Petra Laszlo wants to move to Russia to be safe? Russia doesnt accept far-right extremists and Russians love their kids. Even if she could get in then Cossacks and Russians would take her out!
As for me I will sign any petition to ban her from entering Russia!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ping-refugees-to-sue_56270db0e4b02f6a900e9c68

The migrant crisis is a serious issue that has to be addressed but not with violence. But atm Im not wearing the pink glasses so I know it will only get worse.
What do I think? I totally agree with what President Putin said about migrants.

It's ironic that you quote Putin, because Putin, just like that Pirincci guy, is a fascist, Putin is a dictator just as evil as Hitler.

Putin is responsible for putting homosexuals into concentration camps, and he is running death camps, just like Hitler did.

If I have the choice, I'd rather take three times as many refugees, before I'd accept a pathetic peace of shit dictator like Putin. The day Putin gets a headshot will be a day for mankind to rejoice.

Saddam, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, Assad, Putin -- it's really all the same.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It's ironic that you quote Putin, because Putin, just like that Pirincci guy, is a fascist, Putin is a dictator just as evil as Hitler.
I am interesting about why your posts are logical until you discuss President Putin.
Adolf Hitler was a wartime leader. Vladimir Putin is a peacetime leader. I dont see any comparison.

Putin is responsible for putting homosexuals into concentration camps, and he is running death camps, just like Hitler did.
Homosexuality is legal in Russia. Even in the military. It was the Russian people that demanded the Anti-Gay Propaganda laws in 10 oblasts not Putin. Moscow didnt even have thatt law until the people demanded that the law be a Federal law. It passed in the State Duma because the people wanted it. Not because Putin.
Nobody can be arrested in Russia just for being gay.

Btw anti-gay violence and murders are epedimic in the USA. It doesnt just happen in Russia.

If I have the choice, I'd rather take three times as many refugees, before I'd accept a pathetic peace of shit dictator like Putin. The day Putin gets a headshot will be a day for mankind to rejoice.
Saddam, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, Assad, Putin -- it's really all the same.
You can have all the refugees you want but you cant have President Putin. He is a Russian and he is only for Russian people not Germany.

EDIT

President Putin Job Approval Rating = 89%
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-support-among-russians-over-syria-poll-shows
President Obama Job Approval Rating = 51%
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obam...-gop-infighting-dysfunction/story?id=34575953

Only dictators get low Job Approval Ratings.

Last edited: