News On Skip Sheffield's Injury

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

411mania.com: Wrestling - News On Skip Sheffield's Injury

This is definitely not good news for the WWE. It doesn't state how long he's going to be out for, but this hurts their angle.

At least the WWE have another week to figure what to do with this injury since next week Raw is taped.

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Oh, that sucks. I knew that he had to be helped backstage, but didn't figure a broken bone. Skip seems to be just getting over as a distinct and interesting character, too, after coming off as kind of a Brock "Where I am?" Lesnar out of the gate. My best wishes go out to Ryan Reeves for a speedy and complete recovery.

3. Babe_Ruth

I was starting to like him as well, he needs a lot of improvement in the ring, but he's much better than when he debuted to the WWE.

Now they're just down to five guys, I wonder if their going to say anything about why he's missing from the group.

dDave likes this.
  4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Really pissed to read this...i think its obvious the WWe was high on Skip because he beat Morrison and Truth pretty easily at Summerslam.

I wonder what this means...will they add from Season 2? That would be cool.

dDave likes this.
  5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

My guess as to what they'll say: "Skip Sheffield this week suffered a vicious beatdown at the hands of an unknown assailant or assailants, who fractured his <insert correct technical body part name, show real x-ray>, leaving Nexus with only five members after the rude removal of Darren Young from the corps. [something about Cena]"

The herd thinning is potentially worrisome, for lack of a better term. Can you see Barrett in a couple of weeks, if this trend continues: "The Nexus Two... are comin' after you! You're either with boaf of us... or... or... bloody 'eck, this is just not workin'."

dDave likes this.
  6. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Definitely a bummer...Sheffield has been a monster, and playing the role incredibly well since starting on RAW.

My hope is that the Nexus is around long enough that he can return as a member of the group. In the mean time, I say it's time for some recruiting. And time for David Otunga to stop sucking and step his game up. I'd love to see The Tank with the Ferrari engine step into Nexus, I think it would be great for him and a good fit, lol. Maybe Eli Cottonwood as well? I'm not sure, though...he seemed awkward in the ring.

Best wishes to Skip, though. I've come to admire the guy's work and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Hey, at least the injury wasn't in his clothesline arm!!! :)

7. Babe_Ruth

Do you guys believe Husky Harris would be a good replacement? I sure hell believe so. Husky is a monster in the ring, he's strong, quick and mobile. He could definitely do some damage if he joined forces with the current members of Nexus.

Thoughts?

8. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

That's who I meant by "The tank with the ferrari engine." I think it would be a perfect idea.

I'd also like to see the Nexus recruit from within the WWE roster. People who aren't pleased with their "chance" and WWE management, it would work out well.

9. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

The ousted NXT 2 crew is the logical place to draw from. Obviously, it won't be Showtime. Skip is so imposing (I mean, would you want him in your face?) that I think putting Husky in that slot would make the team look weaker overall. Can Eli Whitney Cottongin fill the role? Physically, I believe he could get by, but he really needs to shake the image of being not too swift. Smart evil is much more convincing and fun to watch than dumb evil.

10. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Could they have a revenge kind of angle where Darren Young took him out?