• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

News on Chris Jericho

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's a good article on Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho Admits He Considers Return to WWE Right Now --FanHouse

Looks like a contract between him and the WWE is almost done(90% completed).

I think that's great news, and I do hope that we see him in a WWE ring once again. He's always been one of my favorites and I believe that he could have some real good feuds with up and coming stars in the company. A program between him and Daniel would be fantastic, him vs. John Morrison would be great, especially since the rise of Jo Mo. All his debuts have been pretty awesome, especially his debut on Raw. I do hope when and if he returns it will be the same.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Babe, I agree that a Jericho return would be amazing, but I would hold it off until the end of the year or MAYBE SummerSlam because the possibility of a face return would be greater at that time. Jericho has said many time on the record he wants to retire a face, so make him a face now. He is desperately needed on SD as a face.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Whenever he comes back I Don't even care if he's a face or a heel as long as he's with the company. That is all I really care about.

Great news though if true.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you Millz. Chris Jericho excels at both, he can really make the fans hate him, or he can be funny and make the fans love him. I just want to see Y2J in the ring once again. He still has a lot left in the tank, and like I mentioned above there's a lot of potential feuds out there for him. I don't know if he'll ever win the World Title again, but I can help the company in so many different ways. I hope we see him in 2011.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Interesting read...he says that he's close to coming back, but also lists a lot of projects that are taking up his time in the interview.

I wonder how long that 10% of the contract will take, if he's got side-projects that he wants to finish up first? Maybe it won't be as soon as we'd all hope.

We all know why Jericho is one of the best...any show, any persona, heel/face, he'll contribute more out of his pinky finger than a lot of guys that have come before him have done with their entire selves.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
We all know why Jericho is one of the best...any show, any persona, heel/face, he'll contribute more out of his pinky finger than a lot of guys that have come before him have done with their entire selves.
And that is why I love him as a character. He is a rare breed for sure.

To expand on my return thoughts, the WM card as of now is full, so a return before then would make no sense because he would need to be on the card. However, a return for SummerSlam or even as late as Survivor Series might not make sense given the potential storylines there. Personally, the Rumble next year might be the best place for him to return. I can easily accept a late arrival. He did the same thing before becoming a heel. He took off about a year.