• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Newest ZTLIS

Hitman

Registered Member
I'm not sure how many people here watch Z True Long Island Story but this week's episode was hilarious. The whole Where's Trent bit had me dying laughing and I think it would be a funny gimmick for Trent if they rolled with it on NXT or Superstars. BTW has Trent been on any WWE programming lately? I feel like I haven't seen him in forever and he's really good, especially at jobbing to make others look good. The know your Bro segment was really funny too. They should put Zack and Scott on TV together on RAW. It would get them some TV time and would be a lot more entertaining than just having Ryder fist bump Cena.

Anyway, here's the link.
Z! True Long Island Story - Episode #73 - YouTube

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still think Zack Ryder is one of the shittiest'y (new word) booked wrestlers in the WWE right now.

He is still getting cheered as loud as any other midcarder on the roster yet he still just flounders around. It's really annoying haha

But yeah, his show is awesome. I try and watch it whenever possible.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I hate to say it but I've stopped caring about Zack Ryder. It just feels like he's a one-trick pony sometimes...if he's going to ever get pushed, something different needs to happen. I only take him slightly more serious than Santino at this point. I haven't really watched ZTLIS since just before he won the U.S. Title, and even upon hearing good reviews don't have the urge to start up again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I stopped caring about him too...and who's fault is it? The WWE writers! That's my opinion, of course. He's still having nice matches on WWE Superstars (a damn internet show) and if they would give him a chance on television maybe we'd care about him again.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I stopped caring about him too...and who's fault is it? The WWE writers! That's my opinion, of course. He's still having nice matches on WWE Superstars (a damn internet show) and if they would give him a chance on television maybe we'd care about him again.
That's the thing, though. When he's on television, I just don't care. For example (SD Spoiler):
When seeing him getting a shot for a MitB spot, I was rooting against him. Back in his U.S. Title days I thought it was a sign of something great that would get better with time. Now, whether or not it's the fault of the WWE writers, I don't even want him being U.S. champ.
I'd probably be cool with him being a part of a tag team, but that's really about it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd say that's probably because they jobbed him out to Swagger for no reason, they never gave him a rematch for the title, they had Kane beat the shit out of him and they didn't let him get revenge for what, 3 months? And then his matches were always 2 minutes long and someone just destroyed him in there.

His overall record is still a respectable 11-9-2 and 5 of those are on Superstars, 2 on RAW and 4 on Smackdown. Pretty sad he's a RAW superstar and he's only got 2 RAW ones. My point? They don't know how to write for him. 2 weeks ago RAW was in Long Island and did he make the show? Of course not. Were the fans chanting his name? Yep!

They are idiots, haha. Rant over.

Hitman

Registered Member
I agree that he's been booked poorly. I read that WWE writers think he's only over as an underdog character, so that's the reason for the depush. That definitely backfired. I think they should slowly start turning Zack heel. His character could be angry that he's done everything he needed to do, but he's being held back.