Newbie..

silver_lining

Registered Member
Ok, so I'm new (obviously), I'm Steph.

I've been a member of another forum for the past few years, but lately there has been a lot of crap going on so I decided to check out other forums.

:)
------
I'm confused now! I can't figure out how to add an avvy, or to change my profile. I've got onto the profile but I really don't know!

Last edited:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
hey, and welcome to GF, hope u enjoy it and stick around. its fun

if you go into "my GF" at the top of the screen it comes up with a menu on the left hand side of the screen and then under the menu it says "edit avatar" it should work, i managed to get an avatar when i just started, and i only had like 3 posts or something, try it out and see what happens :D

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Thanks, I figured it out lol, it just didn't let me use the avvy I chose.

What's the rep about in this place?

Do you get ranks?

people can give you rep, and u can also give other people rep, if you like what they say in a comment or find their comments useful funny or you jjust like them, then you can give them rep. you do this by clicking under the avatar picture on a little symbol that (to me) looks like a little puiff cloud thing, but i dont think it is, you can also write a comment about it like why u are giving rep or you know whatever, as for ranks im not quite sure, some described the levels as "basically showing how much you are around" the more posts you post the more your level and the higher the level obviously the more you are active on the site. hope this explination isnt too long and winded:D and i hope its clear

silver_lining

Registered Member
people can give you rep, and u can also give other people rep, if you like what they say in a comment or find their comments useful funny or you jjust like them, then you can give them rep. you do this by clicking under the avatar picture on a little symbol that (to me) looks like a little puiff cloud thing, but i dont think it is, you can also write a comment about it like why u are giving rep or you know whatever, as for ranks im not quite sure, some described the levels as "basically showing how much you are around" the more posts you post the more your level and the higher the level obviously the more you are active on the site. hope this explination isnt too long and winded:D and i hope its clear

Ahh right, it's pretty much the same as the other forum I go on, the cloudy thing is a set of scales ;)

On the other site though we had ranks which had names like Ogler, monk etc..

Thanks for the reply.

Is it pretty busy usually?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Ahh right, it's pretty much the same as the other forum I go on, the cloudy thing is a set of scales ;)

On the other site though we had ranks which had names like Ogler, monk etc..

Thanks for the reply.

Is it pretty busy usually?
ah i see the whole set of scale things now lol :p thanks looks like we are both helping each other out today

its usually busy yeah, i would say mostly in the kinda in the evening, but it can get busy in the afternoon, there is always someone on or someone posting :p

silver_lining

Registered Member
ah i see the whole set of scale things now lol :p thanks looks like we are both helping each other out today

its usually busy yeah, i would say mostly in the kinda in the evening, but it can get busy in the afternoon, there is always someone on or someone posting :p

Yes, we certainly have :)
Sounds good, I basically want somewhere I can come during the day, when I'm at work.

I'm not guaranteed to stick around yet though, although I may just have to spam in both forums!! :)