New York to get Super Bowl XLVIII in 2014

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Rastisrules, May 26, 2010.

1. Rastisrules

Rastisrules Registered Member

2014 Super Bowl: NY/NJ wins bid to host game - ESPN New York

I think it will be great to see a nice spin on the SB game. Im glad that there willing to take a risk and I think it will be fun to see the game in snow, teams have to play in bad weather to get there, now they may have to play in it in the big game.

Last edited: May 26, 2010

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think this is awesome. I'm tired of all the big sporting events being played in the south or indoors. A little winter weather won't kill anyone. And dealing with the elements is a big part of the sport, the way it was meant to be played.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

A snowy Super Bowl would be highly entertaining. I like this move. I just wish it was the 2011 SB.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am glad they are taking a chance as well, I really hope it snows like the playoff game the Patriots and the Raiders played a few years back. I agree with Echoes it's tiresome to see games always played indoors or the warm areas like Arizona, Miami ect.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

This mirrors exactly how I feel. I really hope that this opens the door for more cold weather Super Bowls. I seriously want to see a SB played in Lambeau.

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

bought fricken time I say. it just infuriates me when they play them in the south - football is SUPPOSED to be played in cold snowy weather - deal with it. they need to let all the teams have a shot at a SB host including Green Bay, Denver, etc.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I wouldn't agree it's supposed to be played in winter weather but I do agree it should be played in whatever weather. Personally I like this idea, let the elements play a part in the game.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I would suggest Cowboys Stadium mainly because that place can hold the most people, so I've heard.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Football is meant to be played outside in the weather. Not in temperature controlled domes
    This is the best move for the national flag football league.
    ------
    Football is meant to be played outside in the weather. Not in temperature controlled domes
    This is the best move for the national flag football league.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I get why they dont have them in cold climates though and its moreso for the tourists and travelers then anything else. Its hard to get around when there's a foot of snow laying around.

I mean yeah, the game itself, who cares about the weather? Weather is a part of the game.