• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thursday Game 1 at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.
Sunday Game 2 at NY Rangers, noon NBC
April 22 Game 3 at Philadelphia, 8 p.m.
April 25 Game 4 at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
April 27 Game 5 at NY Rangers, noon NBC
April 29 Game 6 at Philadelphia, TBA
April 30 Game 7 at NY Rangers, TBA
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/04/ ... -networks/

After a month, the Flyers were pretty much written off, but they got some solid goaltending from Mason and the likes of Giroux and Simmonds carried the team offensively. This should be a rough, and entertaining series to watch.

I'll say Flyers in six games.

Use this thread to discuss the series.

That's the real coin toss for me in the Eastern Conference. The Flyers have been hot to end the season but I still have serious doubts about their goaltending. And if Henrik Lundqvist can steal a game or 2, it's gonna be a huge momentum booster for the Rangers.

I say Flyers in 7.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Philadelphia is going to try to pound the Rangers to the ground but Lundqvist will stand tall and bring the Rangers to the second round. Look for St Louis, Richards and Nash to have a big series. New York in 6 games

StroShow

V.I.P.
The flyers got badly outplayed last night. If Philly have any hope in winning this series they'll need to lay off on trying to get the big hit, because it only leads to a penalty or Rangers scoring opportunity.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They need Mason back plain and simple. He's one of the reasons they were able to change their fortunes around when Laviolette got fired. Emery cannot win a series for Philadelphia.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My pick was NY Rangers in 7...we'll see if it shakes out that way.

Philly must get Mason back but they also need to get more than 15 shots on goal in a game...

StroShow

V.I.P.
Not good for the Rangers. They needed to win both games that Emery was in, and they split. Mason isn't an all-world goaltender but if New York plays like they did yesterday the Flyers might actually pull this one out.