• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New York City Public Transportation Strike

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Yeah, I read about this. It seems that the union is not caring about what happens. They could still stike, but why not wait until after the holidays are over, so that they don't make a lot of people angry with them. Because now a lot of people are going to be upset with them because they cannot get to work now.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, either they will get paid more, or they will end up going back to their jobs at the same pay rate. This can't go on for much longer in the city that never sleeps...

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Well right now the workers are being charged 2 days pay for everyday that they are on strike. So if they are on strike for 1 week they will lose 2 weeks pay.

yooperchick

Registered Member
What upsets me about this is that I've heard on the news what those workers make. It is quite a bit of money per year. But then again, I have a different viewpoint on that because of where I live. I guess it costs more to live in NYC.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
How much did you hear that they make? Living in NYC is insanely expensive. There are skyscraper appartments that run for about $60,000 a month......

I'm guessing that most of the people involved in the strike don't live directly in the city, let alone the expensive high rises. The people who live there are the ones that own businesses and have more money than thye know what do do with.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Oops, didn't even mention how much it was - they were making $60,000 a year. If I made that where I live, I would be considered rich.

Paying $60,000 for an apartment!! :-o

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Breaking News 0
pro2A Politics & Law 10
Babe_Ruth Travel 8
Saffy Travel 0
viLky Breaking News 7