• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Years Resolutions

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Its rare that I make or even try to keep them, I rarely see the point and think I will just end up breaking them. I think half the problem is we focus way to much on what we want to stop rather than what we want to achieve.

With that in mind I want to try to achieve the following:

I want to put on my art show and try my hand at painting
I want to loose weight and get back into going the gym
I want to get better with money

These are my plans, what are yours?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess it's work out more and figure out my life and my job.

Although working out is the only real "resolution" there haha. Maybe drink more water and eat better food too.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I never make new years resolutions because if I really wanted to change something about myself I'd start right when I decided to change it, not January 1st.

But hey, it works for some people and that's cool. If I DID make a resolution it would be to eat less crap. I like fruit & veg but I'm way more likely to get crisps or chocolate as a snack. I'm working on exercise first though so I'm not ready for that just yet. :lol:

So, no new years resolutions. This has been my weekly pointless post.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't usually make a New Years resolution. If there is something I think I need to change about myself I do it when I realize it needs to be done, if its doable. Like I use to be bad about not standing up for myself but that has changed. I think being on a forum has helped that. Right now at the moment I need to lay off the sweets and I'm going to do that now that the holidays are about over.

Pixel

I have never made any, mainly because I don't think I'll be able to keep them. I don't smoke, I'm not fat, I have a lovely family which I spend time with as much as I can. I am not trying to say I'm "perfect", but I can't think of any resolutions that I'll be able to make and stick too :)

dDave

V.I.P.
Mine is pretty simple, I think I may have made the same one last year. This is what I want to do. (and have tried to do for the last year).

-Spend time writing my book every day

While this year was generally a success with that, I'd like to spend a lot more time with it and get the thing finished.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I love the fresh start of January! There aren't specific resolutions, but I really hope to get a job very early in the year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't really believe in New Years Resolutions, but this year I'm going to try and party less. It's going to be tough, since I enjoy a good party(going out) but this way, I can save a bit more money and not drink as much. We'll see how she goes.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've rarely tried to go for just one New Year's resolution...it's tough to do, but each year I just try and think of ways that I can improve my life in the next year following. This year was a good one as I became more established and secure in my employment and bought a nice car.

I'm hoping to work towards eating a little more healthy and getting in better shape in 2013, getting a good woman in my life, and saving up towards moving out of my parents's house finally.

I'm always continually thinking of keeping my health up, as well. My Kidney transplant was three years ago on New Years eve, and it definitely gives me something extra to celebrate. I've said in the past that New Year's even feels extra like a day of renewal because of that, so I'm hoping that the things I've mentioned will all come to pass in some way.