• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Years Resolutions 2014

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
With the new year right around the corner I thought it would be a good time to start discussing New Years Resolutions. Has anyone come up with any for 2014 yet? Does anyone ever actually stick to their resolution long term?

I normally don't even bother making a resolution. But this year I've decided I'm going to try to walk at least a mile every day. Most days I will probably walk a lot more than that. But my goal is to try to get into really good long-distance walking shape again.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Hm, I don't tend to stick to resolutions, so like Major I don't usually bother to make them.

However, like Major again, I intend to get into some kind of shape. I've been doing yoga for a few months now, and I've been slowly adding a weights routine to that as well. I'm going to start walking every other day too. I really do want to be fit again.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I rarely make a resolution then that way when I don't do it I don't have to worry about it. One thing I do need to do is get back into exercising. I was doing it faithfully for years then suddenly I stopped a couple of months ago and having trouble getting started again.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm no different to y'all. I don't tend to over think resolutions. But for this year ahead it just so happens that there will be a lot of changes in my lifestyle.

I plan to stick to the "No Sugar No Grain" way of eating. It's not a diet as much as a lifestyle and it's worked great for me the past couple of months. I also plan to exercise, but nothing extreme that I can't keep up with, 2 to 3 times a week will do it for me. I also plan to get my life in order again (which entails a few things I won't bore you with). My life feels like it's been put on hold for more than 2 years. Time to make it about me again!!

Elanor

Registered Member
I gave up making resolutions years ago as I am rubbish at sticking to them. I do need to try and eat more healthily and do a bit more exercise though. Saying that, this year I am quitting cheese! Not forever, but I eat too much of the delicious stuff, so I am going to cut it out for a while and see what happens. Not so much a resolution, but a lifestyle choice :lol:

I made a start to change in 2013, but in 2014 I am going to do my best to actually make the changes stick!

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I think my debts are paid off in feb, so I'd like to start putting £20 a month away into my savings again; it's really come in handy this year but it's caused it to dwindle to almost nothing, I like that I have it to fall back on when it's tough.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm copying off a couple of you and also saying I want to save money and do more walking. I may try walking to work instead of driving, that way I can do both resolutions at once!
First of all I'll need to do a practice run to see how long it'll take me. If it's too long then I'll just start off by walking somewhere after work each night instead. I do like the idea of using one of those apps I've seen ginock use which records where he went and how far it was. Would be a good motivator.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Do you happen to know what app that is? Sounds like something that would be useful.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It's called 'Map My Walk'. I think there is one for running as well. If you put in your weight and height it tells you how many calories you burn.

dDave

V.I.P.
My resolution is a continuation of something I've been working on and I feel like it's finally time to really get it done.

I want to finish writing my book.

That sums up what I want to accomplish in the new year. Yeah, there are other things I'm going to do but the one I really want to get done more than anything else is finish the book.

Last edited by a moderator: