• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Year's Eve plans?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you know me then you know I party pretty hard during New Years Eve.

Do you guys have any plans this year?

Me and a friend of mine reserved a hotel room, so we're going to start pre-drinking there, some of our friends might join us. Then, we have reservations at this restaurant(they'll be 13 of us if I am correct) we have a full course meal with six samples of beers(but you can also buy other stuff, too).

Then at Midnight we're going on a pretty busy street in the downtown area to watch some fireworks at Midnight(hoping to find a pretty lucky lady to kiss :)) then who knows what we'll do next.

I don't believe this years plans will be as fun as previous years, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Falconer

Registered Member
I usually find myself babysitting the nephews (14 and 2 years old), not that I really mind, since I'm not much of a drinker anyway. I see video game tournaments with the fourteen-year-old in my near future...

Konshentz

Konshentz
For the past ten or so years, I've gotten together with family & friends to drink stupid amounts of alcohol. I don't really drink anymore, so that won't be happening. I will probably spend my New Year's Eve playing Blops 2. Haha.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I always did something with my extended family, a party at a family friends or something, up until about 5 or 6 years ago. Then for the next couple of years, I did something with friends. But for the last 3ish years I've done literally nothing lol. Stayed at home on my own and been a taxi for my parents/brother. I don't particularly like NYE and every time someone suggests a plan to me it sounds too complicated or too last minute or like too much work. Everywhere is so expensive and new years eve isn't such a big deal to me that I see the point in putting the effort/money in.

So, probably nothing! I was asked to go to London this year, but again, it's going to be really expensive so I'm thinking I probably won't go. Unless it's at the persons house.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've gotten invites from a couple of friends, haven't really decided what I'm doing yet. More than likely a low-key party with plenty of alcohol at a friend's house that lives near my work. I hate having to drive on New Year's. Blah.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I haven't even thought that far yet; I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing to eke out some semblance of a Christmas. I'll probably be going to visit my parents. Heard they won a whole bunch of fireworks in a New Years draw this year.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Most likely I'll go to my sister's and her fiance's house for it because I can walk there...and more importantly walk back from there afterwards haha. Not that I am looking to get hammered or anything...low key works for me. Or we'll see what else opens up.

Last year I just had a couple people over and it was fine...I've hung out with the parents before too and a couple of times I've done nothing haha

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I seem to remember last year being in GF Chat welcoming New Year in with others around the world and watching the welcome in on the BBC. I don't have any real plans for this year though I may suggest something to my friends and see what they are doing. I don't really care about NYE though.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I doubt I go anywhere, I couldn't drink because of the drive home not that is all that important. There would be no place close to go anyway. So I guess I'll be right here talking to you guys and drink a glass of wine.

Edit: I meant that drinking isn't all that important not driving home drunk.

Last edited:

wolfheart

Registered Member
New years will be spent at home this year,I went out xmas eve and I am still piecing together the fragments of my memory.
This year I plan on having a couple of drinks in doors and that is about it.